Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #91
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Thanks.....Do me a favor and remove the familys last name....I've been asked to take stuff down so his wife and mother do not find the posts on google.

The funeral was tonight.......I lost it when they rolled him out
I removed the name - sorry, didn't realize you had taken that out of the postings.

Someone mentioned on NCS the funeral was tonight. Once again, I wish I had something better to offer than my condolences.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #92
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post

Someone mentioned on NCS the funeral was tonight. Once again, I wish I had something better to offer than my condolences.
I appreciate it more than you can know!

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #93
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

So sorry, Troy.

I lost a friend to a freak track accident a few years ago, and it still makes me tear up to think of him occasionally. As others have said - just remember him well.

I do think Doug would be a good guy to talk too, as he's a great guy and had been dealing with the after-effects of a similar situation for the last 13 months (though the person who passed wasn't as close to him as Brian was to you). His screen-name on charlottesportbikes is Hotwheels.

Hang in there, man.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #94
AquaPython
put it THIS way

kerry , i am curious now, what is a "freak track accident" ?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #95
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I just got back from a week in California and haven't been online until this morning and saw this on another site. Very sorry to hear.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #96
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
kerry , i am curious now, what is a "freak track accident" ?
Just a dinky low-speed low-side on cold tires during a warm-up lap before a novice race. Ordinarily wouldn't have amounted to anything, but the timing & the weird way he spun was such that the guy behind him wasn't able to avoid running over him (made a good attempt, but then my friend spun right back in front of his wheels, from what I heard).

Sorry for the hi-jack Troy, but my friends accident as well as Brian's just illustrates how on a motorcycle things can go bad so quickly. All it takes is that small mistake, or the convergence of the wrong variables. I remember Trent's funeral, hearing his mom sobbing, and the look on his brother's face (who was at the track with him) like it was yesterday. Hang in there, Troy.

Be as safe as circumstances allow and always keep the guard up out there, everyone.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #97
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post

Sorry for the hi-jack Troy

No need to be sorry....I wanted to know as well...as one of my options may be track riding.

We all needed/wanted to hear that.