Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #31
AquaPython
put it THIS way

that sucks. i never heard three years. last year i thought there was an extended 1 year warranty on all xbox's
Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #32
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
On the PS3 remark,mine was acting a little funny until I downloaded the latest update and now it's fine,you might want to do a search. I'm thinking of sending mine in anyway to have it looked at while I'm still under warranty and I'm also gonna buy a dedicated blue ray player. I'm starting to think that it's a bad idea to use my PS3 to watch movies.
mine is new (x-mas) but thats what i bought it for. though i have bought a few games for it also.

my 360 is my gaming box, and i bought the Halo 1 cuz it had the latest cooling fans and proc. and HDMI output.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #33
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
That's because I am stupid and have no fucking clue what you are talking about....I have a wireless router,followed the steps and poof,internet!
you are probably on a nat3 connection then, meaning that your ps3 is behind the router's firewall. you can check it in the internet settings, a 3 is far less ideal than a 2. i can post some how to links later if you'd like
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #34
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
They've always charged for repairs if it wasnt under warranty. But i thought if you ever had the RROD Microsoft added an extra 3 years of warranty to your system. My last ring was in like March...... thats not fucking 3 years!!! Theres no goddamn way im paying 94 bucks.

I did get a reply to my email... fuckin generic email from a guy named Bing. It just asked what all of the symptoms of the failure were. Uhhhh, idk? Maybe a red flashign ring and the system wont start????? And that there was a game in the save screen when it happened, and now that game cannot be saved anymore, even on another system.
I thought it was three years from the date of original purchase, going roughly off of the serial number of the original Xbox that you'd ship in for repairs.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
you are probably on a nat3 connection then, meaning that your ps3 is behind the router's firewall. you can check it in the internet settings, a 3 is far less ideal than a 2. i can post some how to links later if you'd like

Yea do that,although after my utter failure to create a cache and change my OS to Windows XP... I ended up erasing about 20 downloaded games without accomplishing doodly-squat ! I am a bit "gun-shy" when it comes to fooling around with my PS3.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #36
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

The 3 year extended warrenty was for the first run of 360's sold. There is a serial number range your console has to fall into to qualify. I'd look it up if i wasn't lazy.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #37
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I thought it was three years from the date of original purchase, going roughly off of the serial number of the original Xbox that you'd ship in for repairs.
I'm actually not sure... it could be an extra year on the original 2, which would bring it up to 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
The 3 year extended warrenty was for the first run of 360's sold. There is a serial number range your console has to fall into to qualify. I'd look it up if i wasn't lazy.
I believe i have an original... I got it not too long after release on ebay.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote