Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Muther Fudgin XBOX....

I'm done... i'm just done.

So the other day my brother comes downstairs and says "dude, your xbox is frozen." I laugh and say "i know... it hates you!" Seriously, my xbox has froze on me like once ever, but it freezes on him every other day. But he was like "no really... it died." FUCK! So i run upstairs and the damn thing isnt turning on. I'm pulling cords, and replacing them, messing with the button. Nothing. But i had to go to work anyway. So next day he comes down and is like, the xbox is turning on now... but it either freezes on the startup menu or a minute into the game. So i go back up to take a look at it. He shows me it freezing which are symptoms of hardware failure then..... POOF! Red Ring Of Death Now this is the THIRD time i've gotten the RROD.

So today I go to send a work order in on the damn thing, and i go through the whole process. Shoud be free, any system thats previously had the RROD has an extended 3 year warranty, and my last ring was last March!!!! I get down to the bottom and am ready to submit the order when i catch.... $94.00!!!! $94 fucking dollars to fix a faulty hardware system that Microsoft has admitted to having. A problem of Microsoft trying to cut corners and using cheap parts for their system. And a problem that i've had twice before! So i sent microsoft a nice little email saying that this type of business practice is outrageous, and that i'd like my system either fixed for free or replaced (have had friends get new systems). Or that i would be switching to a competing company for my business.....

I was most likely going to sell the damn thing to my brother to put toward my bike.... but it still pisses me off!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I'm done... i'm just done.

So the other day my brother comes downstairs and says "dude, your xbox is frozen." I laugh and say "i know... it hates you!" Seriously, my xbox has froze on me like once ever, but it freezes on him every other day. But he was like "no really... it died." FUCK! So i run upstairs and the damn thing isnt turning on. I'm pulling cords, and replacing them, messing with the button. Nothing. But i had to go to work anyway. So next day he comes down and is like, the xbox is turning on now... but it either freezes on the startup menu or a minute into the game. So i go back up to take a look at it. He shows me it freezing which are symptoms of hardware failure then..... POOF! Red Ring Of Death Now this is the THIRD time i've gotten the RROD.

So today I go to send a work order in on the damn thing, and i go through the whole process. Shoud be free, any system thats previously had the RROD has an extended 3 year warranty, and my last ring was last March!!!! I get down to the bottom and am ready to submit the order when i catch.... $94.00!!!! $94 fucking dollars to fix a faulty hardware system that Microsoft has admitted to having. A problem of Microsoft trying to cut corners and using cheap parts for their system. And a problem that i've had twice before! So i sent microsoft a nice little email saying that this type of business practice is outrageous, and that i'd like my system either fixed for free or replaced (have had friends get new systems). Or that i would be switching to a competing company for my business.....

I was most likely going to sell the damn thing to my brother to put toward my bike.... but it still pisses me off!
Sorry to hear man. I've had it happen to me once before and it's starting to look like it'll go on me here again any day now. I feel your misery. If it kicks the bucket, I think it'll just sit for a while until the next price drop and I'll probably end up buying a new core unit. All they'll do at Microsoft is swap out my broken one for some elses broken one that's been "fixed" anyway.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

i'll buy it from u for $50
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
i'll buy it from u for $50
I'll give you $75 shipped.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Sue microsoft for the price of a PS3 and a few games in small claims court, then hope that they dont send anyone down to small claims court to fight it. If it's small enough they will probably offer you a settlement for whatever you ask.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
50 plus shipping lol
Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
50 plus shipping lol
It's not going to be $25 to ship it down here...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Come on guys... my younger brother will fork up more than that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
All they'll do at Microsoft is swap out my broken one for some elses broken one that's been "fixed" anyway.
A neighbor had RROD not too long after he bought it. So he sent it to get fixed, and it came back unfixed! So he bitched hard, and they fixed it plus sending him a new system. But microsoft messed up and sent him 2 brand new systems with his fixed one. When they found out what they did they came calling fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Sue microsoft for the price of a PS3 and a few games in small claims court, then hope that they dont send anyone down to small claims court to fight it. If it's small enough they will probably offer you a settlement for whatever you ask.
I would but i dont have money to get into court if they do show. Alot of ppl have sued over this shit. I want a PS3... but I might actually just want the money more for some good riding pant/shoes.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

so ur lil bro is gunna pay more then $75 for a system that doesnt work and wont b fixed by microsoft? have fun
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

I would but i dont have money to get into court if they do show. Alot of ppl have sued over this shit. I want a PS3... but I might actually just want the money more for some good riding pant/shoes.
The PS3 is nice, and I've gotten good use out of it since buying it in November, but it's not the original one I bought. The first one got swapped out at Best Buy two days after I bought it because it died. The second one has developed a minor tick noise that happens on occasion. I don't know if it's just part of the system doing its thing and I notice it because I'm used to the 5,000 decibel Xbox360 masking those kind of noises, or if it's something that's fucked up and will ended up needing replacement.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote