Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Damn hospitals

last monday I was burnt at work by molten zink. Large second and third degree burns on the left leg, pathches, from the knee, calf, multiple spots on the top of foot, heel, and ball of the foot. I tripped on a bolt in the floor (that shouldnt have been there), stumbvled, and one leg went into the 6 inch deep mould, about 600 degrees.

Luckily im a calm person and removed the boot, socks, and tore off the pantleg immediately, or it would have been much, much worse.

I've been in here since monday, had one surgery yesterday to remove the dead skin on the 3rd degree burns, and another tomorrow to graph new skin on them. I cant say im very excited. im here for at least another week, and my motorcycle and golf season are done until at least the end of july. And im off work on compensation until the end of september at the earliest.

I havent spent more than a few hours in a hospital since i was 6 (tonsilectomy SP?), besides 17 days in a detox center, which was much, much different. They had a gym and I could walk.

I may go crazy before this is over, but at least ive got a great team of nurses and doctors looking after me, and they are doing a fantastic job.

Im super happy i live in canada though, as when this is done ill be ridden home in an ambulance and attended by an extra-mural nurse to clean the wounds, and change my dressings, daily and the final cost to me will be 0$, so thats a bonus.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know what was up, and say hello.

Im on dial up here too, so that isnt helping my sanity any!

Ladies, now would be a good time to pity me and show me your

Last edited by Apoc; 06-13-2009 at 09:24 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Ya, I'd be stuck with a $200,000 or more bill and a kick in the ass while walking my self out the hospital.

Get to recovering.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Sorry to hear bout yer new scars APOC.

Heal up quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 06-13-2009 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: S
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Apoc

Well, i'll agree to disagree. Ive recieved the finest medical care available, immediately and without question.

So how would anyone in they're right mind think they'd be better off with a 200k bill?

I didnt read the thread, but im guessing they are the usual mindless, rebublican sheep.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Apoc

Yup, read the thread, none of the comments suprised me considering who they collectively came from..
Old 06-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Well, i'll agree to disagree. Ive recieved the finest medical care available, immediately and without question.

So how would anyone in they're right mind think they'd be better off with a 200k bill?

I didnt read the thread, but im guessing they are the usual mindless, rebublican sheep.
A couple are fairly thoughtful about it but yes, most are what I would class as "the usual sheep."

That really sucks. It was a floor level mold? Crap. Hope that they didn't have to excise too much

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

And that's why I don't get "War Room" threads anymore!

Anyway, I feel for you buddy! When I was injured in the Army, my favorite Uncle Sam flew me to Nuremberg. Where I spent a wonderful 5 1/2 months recuperating! Yippee!!! I'm glad you're okay, and skin grafts suck!!! Try to stay positive, one thing I swear to you is true, you're attitude makes a huge difference in your recovery!!! Good Luck!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
A couple are fairly thoughtful about it but yes, most are what I would class as "the usual sheep."

That really sucks. It was a floor level mold? Crap. Hope that they didn't have to excise too much

Ya, it was a fresh mould of zink that we were just finished tapping into.There was a hole in the floor, and we asked to have it fixed. The mechanic/welder was sent to weld a piece on to it, but the welding machine broke, it was the end of the day, so he bolted it down, with plans to bring up a new welder and finish it in the am.

Early the next morning, we were tapping, and I walked around the mould, not knowing about the bolts, while looking up at the crane (i was lowering the hoist to hook up the mould cover to put it in place on the mould, and tripped on one of the bolts. Left foot went forward and in to the zink.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Dude that sucks ass. Glad you have good nurses and docs.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Sounds like you have a good mindset and a great medical team to help you.

Good luck on healing and hope all goes well for you.

Since I'm a guy, I won't flash you but will post these for your enjoyment

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote