Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Ron Ayers SUCKS!!!!

Okay as some of you know, I had a problem with my forks while at the rally. A few weeks back I had a leaking fork seal and had Ron Ayers repair it under warranty and replace the springs to better match my fat ass. It seems that the "mechanic" doing the job neglected to set the lock nut that connects the rod to the cap and my left fork fell apart while I was riding at the Gap. I went to Wheeler's and Ken fixed me right up. No problem.

So... when I got home after the rally, I went into Ron Ayers and told the service manager what had happened. I showed him a copy of my receipt and believe it or not, I calmly discussed the situation with him. Heck, I didn't even get irate when I asked the "mechanic" what he thought happened and he excused his faulty work by stating that, "Your bike is a piece of shit, you should get rid of it and buy a new one". The service manager called Ken and got some info from him, took my number and said he would get back to me.

A couple days later true to his word Bill (service manager) calls me and tells me that he has a check for me to cover Wheeler's bill. So I get on my "piece of shit" bike and ride over there to pick it up... Here's the really fun part. Bill explains to me that it has been decided that Ron Ayers will no longer do business with me in any capacity. Period. So basically, because they fucked up and potentially risked my life with inept service, they will no longer have me as a customer. Now that is the very definition of adding insult to injury...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

That's fucked up. I'll spread the word to everyone one I know.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
shmike
Follower

How many times have you been in there?

How many times have you had problems?

Sounds to me like there is more to the story than posted.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I guess they'd rather have customers that don't expect them to be accountable for their work.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Wow. Amazing. I had a similar experience with a dealer in Flagstaff, Arizona last year where they didn't tighten down two of the four front axle bolts on my Busa when stopped in for tires mid-trip, and I lost one bolt in each fork.

I wrote them a calm letter explaining the situation after I got back. Not only did the manager of the dealership refund me the labor fee I paid and write me a letter where he explained to his employees that this type of workmanship was unacceptable, he also stated that they had put new measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again, apologized, and invited me back to the dealership to give them a chance to prove this was a fluke.

All dealers are different. Sucks that you had such a bad experience. :/
Old 05-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
How many times have you been in there?

How many times have you had problems?

Sounds to me like there is more to the story than posted.
Why do people always have to read into Shit??? Even if there is a backstory and Tigger has had problems in the past...You dont forget to Tighten and secure the Fucking Forks to the bike...If Tigger pulled the front wheel up he basically could have lost his front tire and wrecked.

Its fucked up for them to say they would never service his bikes again...Thats Shitty customer service and A horrible way to do business
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Wow. Amazing. I had a similar experience with a dealer in Flagstaff, Arizona last year where they didn't tighten down two of the four front axle bolts on my Busa when stopped in for tires mid-trip, and I lost one bolt in each fork.

I wrote them a calm letter explaining the situation after I got back. Not only did the manager of the dealership refund me the labor fee I paid and write me a letter where he explained to his employees that this type of workmanship was unacceptable, he also stated that they had put new measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again, apologized, and invited me back to the dealership to give them a chance to prove this was a fluke.

All dealers are different. Sucks that you had such a bad experience. :/
THAT...is what needs to be done...You dont put someones life at risk and then blame the person who is riding the bike.

Some people are Fucked in the head
Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Why do people always have to read into Shit??? Even if there is a backstory and Tigger has had problems in the past...You dont forget to Tighten and secure the Fucking Forks to the bike...If Tigger pulled the front wheel up he basically could have lost his front tire and wrecked.

Its fucked up for them to say they would never service his bikes again...Thats Shitty customer service and A horrible way to do business
Safe to say he wouldnt be going back to them again anyway, none the less, very poor move on their part.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post

They fucked up, yes.

They should be held responsible, yes.

To tell a customer to pound sand because they called you on a bad service job doesn't add up. Especially after they owned up (financially) to the mistake.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Shops like that don't need your business. Obviously they have plenty of work in these great economic times.

Ghosts of employment past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7_7qVK9X8

http://www.biker-events.com/2008/02/...-yamaha-stock/

http://ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2006/081006.htm
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote