Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
spierce
Kneedragger

Moto: 2007 GSXR 600
Default Bitter sweet!

So for those who don't know I just got the bestest job in the whole wide world!

Louisville Fire&Rescue!

you are now wondering, mmmmmmmmmmmmm? what is so bitter about that?...

Well, for the first year i am employeed i am on probation. Any tardes or injuries would lead to instant termination. So i have made the dicesion to park the bike. this will prevent any possibility of an injury that would lead to my termination.

I finaly move somewere were there are turns and curves and hills and now i must park the bike...

O' well it will be worth it and it will give me a chance to give it a good clean and inspection. probably mod it a little too..
spierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Don't park it just ride it less aggresively? No more chance of injury on a bike then in a car if you keep your wits about you.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
spierce
Kneedragger

Moto: 2007 GSXR 600

too-shay
spierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Don't park it just ride it less aggresively? No more chance of injury on a bike then in a car if you keep your wits about you.
That is retarded.

Hit a curb at 10mph in your car and report back on what injuries you sustain.

Then try it again on your bike.

Wits or no wits there is no way to guarantee that a blue-hair won't pull out in front of you or t-bone you.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Talk about anal-retentive. What counts as an "injury" and besides, how would they know if you got a little scrape or bruise somewhere? WHat are they going to do, strip search you every week? Fags.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

How is it anal retentive? Would you rather be rescued by a firefighter with 100% body function, or one who is sore and hurting because he wrecked his bike? I'd prefer the guy in top shape to save me thanks, versus being dropped off the ladder or having to carry my own ass outta the fire!

It sucks, but its realistic. It sounds alot like the military. You wreck your bike while they own you, and depending on the circumstances, they can refuse medical, and possibly even give ya the boot if it impairs your function to the point you cant perform your job and they cant cross train you.

Crappy policy on a personal level, but a good policy for the employer, not to mention it showing in this case the maturity and will power to his employer to do what needs to be done to have the career and life he wants.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Talk about anal-retentive. What counts as an "injury" and besides, how would they know if you got a little scrape or bruise somewhere? WHat are they going to do, strip search you every week? Fags.
You are fucking retarded. Obviously if he scrapes his arm on something they aren't going to consider it a fucking injury. Now if his arm is in a cast, its a whole different story.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

[QUOTE=The Chi;186072]It sucks, but its realistic. It sounds alot like the military. You wreck your bike while they own you, and depending on the circumstances, they can refuse medical, and possibly even give ya the boot if it impairs your function to the point you cant perform your job and they cant cross train you./QUOTE]

This is the truth. You've heard about the sunburn thing for military, it's not a myth. If I'm riding without gear that meets AFI requirements (no sleeves, no helmet, no reflective at night) then not only can I be denied medical coverage and have to pay for my treatment AT A MILITARY HOSPITAL I can be kicked out without disability payments or any sort of benefits. They can do a line of duty determination and I might get nothing. You have to take care of yourself, my body is government property and while his guys probably aren't that severe, they still have to be strict. That's what service is about, kids. Next time someone starts talking about how good Federal and state employees have it and how badly we're overcompensated, think about that!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Just trying to add some humor here
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
AquaPython
put it THIS way

was this because you showed up to application day on a bike?
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote