Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.
Default Um...Why might i ask *PS-Game*

Okay...So someone told me *cough-cough* that they got a deal on FF-VII
For quite a bit seeing as its a PS game from 1997..

And well i knew i had either FFVI or FFVII i had to go dig it out of the old game tub.

Sure enough its FFVII*Black label * But WHY THE HELL is it going for Upwards for $60-80
i played it a few times when i used the old Grey brick right about PS2 Ver.1/2 release

But in a Seriousness WHY is this game going for so much?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
Okay...So someone told me *cough-cough* that they got a deal on FF-VII
For quite a bit seeing as its a PS game from 1997..

And well i knew i had either FFVI or FFVII i had to go dig it out of the old game tub.

Sure enough its FFVII*Black label * But WHY THE HELL is it going for Upwards for $60-80
i played it a few times when i used the old Grey brick right about PS2 Ver.1/2 release

But in a Seriousness WHY is this game going for so much?
Popularity and now rarity. The game is very much loved by many of the Final Fantasy people and heralded as the best of the series. It was a monster when it came out. I remember them talking about the budget behind the game and how it was more akin to a movie than a game. Since they stopped producing it, the word of mouth has kind of continued to build the game into some end all be all and it's got its own little growing mystique now.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, and I know I wasted a fuckload of hours playing it, but it's gotten a little crazy the kind of fanatic following that's surrounding this game. And I've got my original release copy still, not the Greatest Hits edition. Bling Bling.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Popularity and now rarity. The game is very much loved by many of the Final Fantasy people and heralded as the best of the series. It was a monster when it came out. I remember them talking about the budget behind the game and how it was more akin to a movie than a game. Since they stopped producing it, the word of mouth has kind of continued to build the game into some end all be all and it's got its own little growing mystique now.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, and I know I wasted a fuckload of hours playing it, but it's gotten a little crazy the kind of fanatic following that's surrounding this game. And I've got my original release copy still, not the Greatest Hits edition. Bling Bling.

0.o oh...um okay then

Blinging with the Black Labels
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

same thing as xenogears, seriously try finding a copy of that one anywhere. im really surprised that FFXII hasnt been released as a PS1 classic. be a surefire sales hit
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
AquaPython
put it THIS way

FF XVII basically made the FF series mainstream in the US. it's popularity has yielded 2 feature length CGI films that broke a lot benchmarks, and several related on non -related follow up games, including an MMO - RPG that was the biggest thing before WoW dropped. i think it is still making money, which would be about 5 years now.
It basically made Square Enix the monster that it is today.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
same thing as xenogears, seriously try finding a copy of that one anywhere. im really surprised that FFXII hasnt been released as a PS1 classic. be a surefire sales hit
That does seem like a sure fire way for them to start printing money. I wonder if Sony or Square is the one stopping that from happening. Most of the PS1 releases, if not all of them, look like stuff that Sony has the rights to. I'm still kind of surprised they haven't done a full PS3 update of the game. They teased people with the FFVII technical demo, and you could practically hear the collective nerdgasm from around the world. I think if they ever actually redid FFVII with the latest and greatest that the PS3 could do, Sony would see a big bump in console sales and Square/SquareEnix would be building a new corporate complex out of stacks of hundred dollar bills.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
That does seem like a sure fire way for them to start printing money. I wonder if Sony or Square is the one stopping that from happening. Most of the PS1 releases, if not all of them, look like stuff that Sony has the rights to. I'm still kind of surprised they haven't done a full PS3 update of the game. They teased people with the FFVII technical demo, and you could practically hear the collective nerdgasm from around the world. I think if they ever actually redid FFVII with the latest and greatest that the PS3 could do, Sony would see a big bump in console sales and Square/SquareEnix would be building a new corporate complex out of stacks of hundred dollar bills.
And I'd be one of the nerds to snag a PS3 and the new FF7 in the same day
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

One of my friends has over 5,000 dollars worth of collected video games and consoles. He said if he sold them, he could probably double that now.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I think I have 2 copies of Xenogears... one is mine, one is a copy I borrowed from someone and, between moves and deployments, forgot to give back (have since lost touch with said friend).

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I have it and find it to be the best in the series.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote