Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R
Default AA was closed so i came here instead

Osp, im stuck in front of a fucking computer working on some thesis shit, your stuck with a bumb kneecap from being on your knees at the wrong place at the wrong time, its time to talk trips and other random shit that will pass the time and most likely piss other people off with inside jokes and other vulgar shit

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

you're a homo who turned down a stripper and for some stupid fucking reason joined an R1 club even though you have never owned one. Discuss...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
dReWpY
RIP REX

damn howd you find out about my squidly ways...

actually one of the guys that lives around here is big in to the R1 board and it gives me a way to keep in touch with what they are upto and rides they go on, and the r1 rally was a kick ass time on the house boat

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
dReWpY
RIP REX

howed you find out about the R1 thiungy?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I guess the first question is... When? Last year worked out well with the Memorial Day weekend allowing me to get the time off easier... Another holiday weekend would be money.

Since we are going east coast, it might make sense to push it back... 4th of July may be ideal weather-wise... Plus it'd be kinda cool to have a destination in which fireworks was in cards...

That being said... I think we reserve ourselves to staying in hotels. It's way more comfortable, allows us to get REAL rest, more convenient, and lessens our burden of hauling tent/sleeping bag/etc... Given the number of TWFixxers along the way, we could probably find people to crash with along the way too.

Screw the highway. We need to plan this out so we slab it as little as possible. It's probably going to make it harder/slower, but 2/3 of the trip slabbin' it doesn't sound appealing. Some exceptions will be made obviously, but I think the focus should be avoidance.

Bring more tools... leave the gun at home.

Boozin'. We gotta take some time out to get hammered so we can be nice and hungover for some of the time. That being said. I'm bringing a fucking cooler... a little bastard. If we can grocery store shop, we'd save a bunch of money. Gas station and fast food doesn't satisfy anyway. However, I DO want to find places like that joint in Crosses, AR... little shitball places with weird people and good food.

Those are my thoughts.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post

howed you find out about the R1 thiungy?
look at your sig...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
dReWpY
RIP REX

i think camping should still be included, im broke as hell and camping is cheap
i never even took the .45 last time, i decided that getting pulled over was prolly in the cards and decided to not risk it lol

the crosses place was epic for sure.

I am all for back roads and such how many miles is it from you to the upper east coast

Quote:
look at your sig...
my sig's are turned off... i forgot i had it in there

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:

Last edited by dReWpY; 01-22-2009 at 03:00 PM..
Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
i think camping should still be included, im broke as hell and camping is cheap
i never even took the .45 last time, i decided that getting pulled over was prolly in the cards and decided to not risk it lol

the crosses place was epic for sure.

I am all for back roads and such how many miles is it from you to the upper east coast

my sig's are turned off... i forgot i had it in there
Yeah, and you still owe me from last time... I guess it depends on how many Fixxers offer their places for us to crash at. I remember Tigger offered... as did CEO...

I'm thinking if we start in Nashville, we could make it to FL day one ~500 miles. Once inside FL, we can rock the west coast of FL to my parents place in Cape Coral ~500 miles. Cape Coral, through Miami (maybe stop for the day?) to Orlando (my place) ~400 miles. Orlando to somewhere in eastern GA (using Savannah as reference point) via A1A ~300 miles. GA to Tiggers ~400 miles.

The rest is a little hazy. It'll take two days from Tiggers to CEO's, about 350 miles each leg. Another 300 or so miles across the border.

I'm open to suggestions for the way back... Odds are, I figure we'll go through PA so we can crash at Marko's (bet he doesn't remember telling us to come over when we did the WV trip... I think the quote was, "you two queers need to come over to Harrisburg" or something).

Looking at it... Not sure that we can squeeze this in as planned. Perhaps a down south trip this year, rock up north next year... That would really allow us more time to smell the roses.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

what about a trip to TN? i know some awesome roads here, i know nick knows some awesome roads in his area and i am sure Shady valley would be a kick ass time, all curvy as hell, close and cheap

ps, yes i know i still owe ya and i still have the ps2 sittin on my tv stand, with the internet attachment disconnected, figure if i hold the ps2 hsotage you have to come up to TN to ride and get that damn thing

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
what about a trip to TN? i know some awesome roads here, i know nick knows some awesome roads in his area and i am sure Shady valley would be a kick ass time, all curvy as hell, close and cheap

ps, yes i know i still owe ya and i still have the ps2 sittin on my tv stand, with the internet attachment disconnected, figure if i hold the ps2 hsotage you have to come up to TN to ride and get that damn thing
Yeah TN sounds fun... maybe I'll just take a week and do the rally... However, I still want to do some distance and see take in the scenery. Maybe a tour de TN around the rally and a tour de FL early fall? Lapping around FL is on my list of things to do anyway, plus I'm sure we can find enough places to crash that all we'd have to worry about would be money for gas, booze, and food (if anything's left).