Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default MrJesus.... I feel your pain...

Askmrjesus, i feel your pain man.... i have a quick story to tell first.

So here I sat... on New Years Eve 2008/2009, at most likely the largest party I've been to on campus in a long time. Surrounded by 75 other people, hot girls, loud music, laser light shows, and 5 BP tables, with basically someone else's free beer.... And you know what, I barely had one sip. Its almost weird, being surrounded by 70 drunk people, and being maybe one of 5 sober individuals in the room. Just a room full of energy, all buzzing from that liquid happyness we all know quite so well these days. That same liquid that propels a male individual that night to lose all inhibitions and strip down to his thong... yes you read thong, and dance around the room!

My freshman year of college was the first time in my life that I did hard party drinking. You know the typical first time drunk, first time sick, first time hang over type deal. Hang overs suck... for everybody. Some of you get them, some of you get them bad, some of you dont. I'd wake up with the typical head hurt, stomache iffy regiment... but i was also getting something else. I would wake up on my back with my hips, shoulders, and elbows in severe discomfort. Almost like they were dislocated. For the first year or so i shrugged it off as "part of the hangover" and not knowing any better with never experiencing them before. But towards the end of my second year I had mentioned it to a friend and he looked at me like I was crazy!! Soon I had asked a few people and none of them had any idea what i was talking about. By then I knew something was up but I still shrugged it off and attributed it to my weight and putting extra pressure on my joints when drunk.

Well this year has come and i moved home. I regained old friends and gained some new friends in the process. And we had some good times partying. But things seemed to get worse. Until one day it finally hit. After a night of only maybe one or two drinks I woke up at 6:30 in the morning in agonizing pain. It scared me so bad i jumped up, only to realize that my hips were giving in and it seemed gravity was literally ripping my arms out of my shoulders... and i fell back into bed. Only then did i realize the worst of anything. My forearms were in searing pain. It felt as though a vice was put on both arms and both bones in the forearm were being forced into each other. I rolled around in agonizing pain, and at that moment I could have died, and i wouldnt have cared. And after what seemed like eternity of not being able to sit, stand, or even lay down wihtout pain... i passed out. Pain lasted almost all day at work until the unhealthy ammounts of exta strength Advil and gallons of water quelled the pain. I havnt been drunk or even buzzed since then.....

I havn't officially seen a doctor... but who needs too when you have the unyeilding information of the internet. So i'm going to try to explain this in the simplest of terms. Other than the severe dehydration that drinking causes a couple things are happening in my body that may be happening at higher levels than in your body. Alcohol increases the release of sulfides, high levels of histamines, and uric acid... but also inhibits them from breaking down. The unbroken down histamines group around joins causing inflamation and severe pain. High uric acid levels are even worse as uric acid is toxic to bodily tissues. Excess uric acid also collects in your joints and causes arthritis, arthritic like effects, and even Gout!!! Alcohol also severly decreases the vitamin content in your body causing it to adversly react to changing levels. Check, check, and check.... this is pretty serious stuff. There is no cure or even really a name for whatever i/askmrjesus have. People say extra water and vitamin pills may help illiviate symptoms, but the only method of keeping yourself healthy is.... abstinance from alcohol....

So yea.... my life thouroghly sucks! And mrjesus, i cant chop all of my limbs off like ur toe, that would be entirely too couterproductive... haha
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

That sucks, but in all honesty, NOT drinking alcohol has probably never killed anyone.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
shmike
Follower

"I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day."
- Frank Sinatra
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

I have Gout and let me tell you, it's really very unpleasant. I've had minor to major attacks for over 10 years. Finally I stopped drinking nearly any alcohol and got more diligent with my meds. Gout and crystalline arthritis are friggin awful.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Not to make light of your situation but honestly reading your post at first. Waking up with sore hips knees elbows etc. I thought for sure you were being used as the party doll while drunk.

Sorry to hear about your pains though in all seriousness. Not drinking can be a very good thing.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
abstinance from alcohol....
I'm a firm believer that abstinence is not the answer.

Just look at all those pregnant teenagers.

I tried a new remedy last night. Scotch. My head hurts a little this morning, but my toe is fine today. So either Scotch is good for you, or my toe heard about the chisel plan, and decided to chill out before it's too late.

JC
Old 01-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Eeeeeee.... scotch. I'm not a big fan yet. But i have seen a difference between liquer and beer. Beer is the worst... and mass quantities of cheap beer....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

i feel ur pain in a similar way instead of getting extreme pain the day after partying i get sick from very small amounts of alcohol (usually 2 drinks) because of acid reflux to the point where i start puking before i even get a buzz and because of this i dont drink
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Scotch is always the answer. At minimum a nice Macallan 12 YO single malt. I prefer Macallan 21YO-smooth as Riders chicken strips.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Scotch is always the answer. At minimum a nice Macallan 12 YO single malt. I prefer Macallan 21YO-smooth as Riders chicken strips.
You could always filter your blood through peat.
Should have the same effect but doesn't go as well with a good cigar.