Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R
Default Background checks for employment

Other than military and law enforcement peeps (who I assume go through extensive background checks) who here has had a background check and to what level have you had it?

It's relatively rare in Canada to do a credit reference as a background check but I was recently asked for one. It's in addition to a police check and other background checks. It's not so much that I have a problem with it (cleaning up credit as we speak) per se....it's just I've never seen it done up here. I hope it's not the only thing they consider when hiring someone.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

The company I work for is considered part of the 'critical infrastructure', and any company like that will certainly do some investigating to make sure they aren't hiring a security risk.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Most of my jobs I had a background check done.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

I had to go through one with this job (I hold the record for fastest clean return... woo whoo... :| they obviously don't know me) and one for my last job.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

any company affiliated with the airport digs into your shit some...
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

I have had several background check but I also work in the commercial and military aerospace industry so I need to carry a security clearance. Full background check, credit check and a drug test have been required at every job I've had since college.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

government nuclear industry employee, I go through very through background checks every couple of years to get my security clearance. I also have to pee in a cup and blow in a tube on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

I applied for a postal position and they wanted EVERY job position I have held since I was 16 years old, every traffic citation I had EVER received as well as a laundry list of people I am friends with so they can interview them. All of these are things they claim they will find out on their own but they are looking to see how forthcoming I am about providing the correct information. They also pulled my credit bureaus. all three of them.

It reminds me of when I was in the US Army and going for a security clearance, they went back to my 1st grade teacher for info on what she thought of me....people called me over the years to tell me of the interrogations they went through about my trustworthiness.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

The FBI is pretty deep even for plain old jobs. They came and interviewed half my class when I was finishing up school. I got pretty close but a lawer friend of the family had some pretty shady dealings. In my last interview they asked me a lot of questions about the guy even though I told them I did not really like the weasel. I had gone to two interviews with a lie detector attached and they had talked with people I worked for in high school.

You also have to fill out a form and list any name of any person you can remember ever talking with and number them one to five of how well you knew them.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

The banking industry requires them.
ontwo is offline   Reply With Quote