Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR
Default blue tooth question

so i recently got a mini SD card that fits in my phone (LG enV) and now that i have music on the phone is there a way where i can listen to the music with my blue tooth headset or just through the "stereo" speakers on the phone?
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
so i recently got a mini SD card that fits in my phone (LG enV) and now that i have music on the phone is there a way where i can listen to the music with my blue tooth headset or just through the "stereo" speakers on the phone?
They have certain bluetooth headsets for listening to music. When I first got my blackjack, I thought about a bluetooth headset but they cost more than I was willing to pay for one. Instead I got a wired set that also lets me talk for about half the price. Besides, I doubt a bluetooth would feel comfortable inside a helmet, which is when I listen to music most...when I ride.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
It depends on what kind of bluetooth headset that you have and how your phone routes the music. If your phone supports A2DP, it will be able to stream your music to a bluetooth headset. Having the headset support that format is also important. I think some headsets will allow for music streaming without the A2DP protocol, but it'll sound like a shitty mono stereo being played through a lake and picked up through a straw. Depending on your phone though, if it doesn't detect a bluetooth headset with the A2DP profile, it'll only recognize it as a headset and won't stream the music by bluetooth.

Confused yet?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

You confused me. Not that it's hard to do.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
They have certain bluetooth headsets for listening to music. When I first got my blackjack, I thought about a bluetooth headset but they cost more than I was willing to pay for one. Instead I got a wired set that also lets me talk for about half the price. Besides, I doubt a bluetooth would feel comfortable inside a helmet, which is when I listen to music most...when I ride.
im going to get a pair of these
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
for under the helmet, but i want to get it working first with my normal headset before i spend the money
Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
for under the helmet, but i want to get it working first with my normal headset before i spend the money

Those look pretty sweet even if they are kind of pricey. My problem with sets like that is I need earbuds with different fittings. I have really small ears and the normal sizes hurt my ears after about 5-10 minutes of using them.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

my roommate has them now they arnt earbuds they sit just outside the ear cannal and are pretty comfortable and i can justify the price cuz its not compatable with just one phone plus also has a built in mike so they should last me a long time

now back to the original question
can anyone help?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I have a Jabra BT3030 stereo headset. I posted it before on CF, but here's as good a place as any as well. Instead of being a goofy as space unit that looks fucking retarded, it's a little dog tag that you can tuck under your shirt. The nice thing is, you can use any set of headphones you want that has a standard 3.5mm plug, so fitting issues are nonexistent. It comes with a chain and a decent set of earphones, but I replaced them both with a Sony Lanyard style earbuds that act as both the chain and the headset without having to worry about the earbuds getting tangled. They fit snug and would be no problem under a helmet, though I think if I used it for riding I'd upgrade to something with more noise isolation.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The problem with the S9 is that they're crap. They have a nice sound to them, but they're easily and quickly ruined by perspiration. I know a fuckload of people who have gone through multiple pairs that last maybe a month, two months if they're lucky. The sweat fucks up the control buttons on the headset and makes them all but useless. On the plus side, Motorola has been pretty good at replacing them multiple times. On the bad side, you have to replace them multiple times.

Whether or not you can stream your music is going to largely depend on the bluetooth headset you have. If you're looking to purchase something, then make absolute sure that it supports the A2DP profile.

Edited to add: The S9's won't fit under a helmet. They may be slimmer than other options out there, but the battery pack on the back is fucking huge and they still stick out of the ear a decent amount. And since they're a behind the head design, they are not adjustable.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

confused on the A2DP profile
whats that?

and the dog tag thing holds up pretty well with the elements and abuse?