Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default lenox home mortgages

There has been some local talk about these guys out of texas. They apparently sell fixed rate loans with no closing costs. Anyone know what their scam is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There has been some local talk about these guys out of texas. They apparently sell fixed rate loans with no closing costs. Anyone know what their scam is?
I don't know anything about them. I took a brief look at their website. But, I do hate the way these companies word these ads. There is NO such thing as "no closing costs". To properly record a mortgage, acquire title insurance, have your house appraised, etc, it costs money.

Now, some companies will say "no out of pocket closing costs" = the costs are rolled into the principal amount of your new loan. You pay it, just not up front

I guess the question should be, "Who pays the closing costs?" If there are truly no closing costs to the borrower, then it has to come out of the bank's pocket. Not likely
Old 12-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

its either rolled into the cost of the loan in terms of a dollar figure, or they charge you a higher rate for the loan and get payment when they sell it to a big bank. Either way, you will be paying. Nothing in life is free.... certainly not in the banking industry.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
I don't know anything about them. I took a brief look at their website. But, I do hate the way these companies word these ads. There is NO such thing as "no closing costs". To properly record a mortgage, acquire title insurance, have your house appraised, etc, it costs money.

Now, some companies will say "no out of pocket closing costs" = the costs are rolled into the principal amount of your new loan. You pay it, just not up front

I guess the question should be, "Who pays the closing costs?" If there are truly no closing costs to the borrower, then it has to come out of the bank's pocket. Not likely
The bank is suppose to pay it based off your interest payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_atx View Post
its either rolled into the cost of the loan in terms of a dollar figure, or they charge you a higher rate for the loan and get payment when they sell it to a big bank. Either way, you will be paying. Nothing in life is free.... certainly not in the banking industry.
I have a feeling it is the latter that you have to pay a higher rate, because they say it's not rolled into the loan.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

the average 30 year fixed rate is like 5.15% according to cnnfn this AM.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The bank is suppose to pay it based off your interest payments.

I have a feeling it is the latter that you have to pay a higher rate, because they say it's not rolled into the loan.
You are prob correct
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Can't hurt to see what's up. I am going to ask for a good faith, they have a local office here.
Quote:
Old 12-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Lenox?

I got Lenox crap in my China closet. the mother in law loves the lenox store when we go to the outlets.

I guess they are expanding to fine crystal morgages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Lenox?

I got Lenox crap in my China closet. the mother in law loves the lenox store when we go to the outlets.

I guess they are expanding to fine crystal morgages.
Just don't drop it!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

It was a higher interest rate type thing. You pay more in interest to pay no closing costs. I just barely didn't meet the cut for it to be a good deal for me though since interest rates have hit the floor. Someone with a really high rate could probably save some with this type of refi.
Quote: