Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.
Default Good bye Kawasucki, hello HURRICANE

After nearly 2 years on the street riding crappy kawi 500's and the GS500E that I kinda liked a good bit, I'm going back to Honda for my next toy, an 87 CBR600F Hurricane that I've been wanting since I first got into bikes because of my cousin.

I'm not even selling my EX, nor paying a dime to get the CBR, its straight up trade with someone who wants the 500, for whatever reason. not that I really give a damn, I"m gettin what I want, he's getting what he wants, win win.

Pics will come when I get her home today hopefully.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
t-homo
WSB Champion

Congrats man.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Congrats on getting a Hurricane. Did I ever tell you my story about my first crash on my very first motorcycle ride on a brand new Hurricane?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
BobTheBiker

Nope, dont think I've heard that one. do tell.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
Nope, dont think I've heard that one. do tell.
I was 19-years-old full of piss and vinegar and a heavy case of dumbass, so my Army buddy and I decided to go pick up a Hurricane that he just bought with his pickup truck. So we went to a Honda shop in Nashville, got it loaded in the back of the pickup, strapped it down, all with the help of the shop mechanic and salesman. Got it back to Ft. Campbell in Clarksville and unloaded the bike in the motor pool (The motor pool had one of those concrete loading, unloading ramp) and came out to the parking lot. We read the manual plus the salesman "taught" us how to shift gear, and brake levers and all that jazz. Did I mention that we don't know squat about riding? Yep. But the guy wanted a full fairing sport bike and the Honda Hurricane looked cool as hell not to mention having a cool name. So he bought one blue.

Anyway, fast forward to the current situation where we pushed the Hurricane out to the parking lot and getting ready to ride. It was his bike so he got the first ride. Got on, turn on the bike, got it running, warmed up and everything, pulled in the clutch, grabbed a handful of throttle and the guy rocketed down the parking lot, careening out of control. He fell and the bike slide on its side (I think that it was the right side for him). The bike skidded down a hair and he rolled into the grass. Some minor skin scrapes and lots of embarassments, but no harms no fouls. Then it was my turn to get on, I did the same thing except that the bike how slid down the parking lot on the other side. The story ended with two dumbasses with skinned arms and legs and a brand new bike with trashed fairings on both sides.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
BobTheBiker

sounds like one of those incidents you can laugh at now that you look back at it.

This one isnt mint by any stretch, and has some crash damage(not that I care really) but it'll go and do what I want it to. all I really need is the side fairings and a friggin center piece for the tail to make it complete.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
sounds like one of those incidents you can laugh at now that you look back at it.

This one isnt mint by any stretch, and has some crash damage(not that I care really) but it'll go and do what I want it to. all I really need is the side fairings and a friggin center piece for the tail to make it complete.
are you into older bikes or do you just not have the $ to get something newer?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
BobTheBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
are you into older bikes or do you just not have the $ to get something newer?
both really. plus I cant honestly justify a 100+hp supersport that will go 150+ on the top end for street. alls I need is a Hurricane, maybe one day an F4i and a VFR800.

Besides, I rode a Hurricane for my first bike, and fell in love with the lines and just the overall bike when I had it, so really its my dream bike in all honesty.

I might buy my friend's 95 F3 for a stunter later on down the road if I feel I need a newer bike.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
both really. plus I cant honestly justify a 100+hp supersport that will go 150+ on the top end for street. alls I need is a Hurricane, maybe one day an F4i and a VFR800.

Besides, I rode a Hurricane for my first bike, and fell in love with the lines and just the overall bike when I had it, so really its my dream bike in all honesty.

I might buy my friend's 95 F3 for a stunter later on down the road if I feel I need a newer bike.
hey dont sell the 'cane short! they've got almost 90 hp on tap and are only a few steps off pace from recent 600s. miss mine a lot
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
BobTheBiker

by no means will I consider the cane a slouch, considering its only what? 10-20 hp less than a current supersport? I' have to wait til saturday now to get it, but by GOD I'll get it.

Honestly, it is what it is, but still, for the year, its a GREAT bike.