Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Unhappy So I wonder how much the ticket was.....

Just a little while ago, I was heading to an appointment. I was on Dunn Ave (a main thoroughfare on this side of town) in this spot where there’s two traffic lights literally about 3 car lengths apart.

I’m in the middle lane, and next to me is an FHP cruiser. In front of the cruiser is a guy in a white Mustang. The light turns yellowish and the Mustang (as well as the car in front of me) slam on the brakes (obviously not wanting to run a red in front of the cop). Well the cop apparently got a call or something, because after a few seconds, his siren and lights start going, and he’s trying to get around the Mustang… but he can’t! So he’s blaring his siren, trying to alert the guy in front of him to move – but the guy won’t move!! He’s throwing his hands up in the air at the COP (mind you, there’s a driveway right there that he can make a right into, it’s clear, and there’s no “no right turn on red” signage, so there was nothing preventing him from doing so).

The cop tries again to get the guy to move, and the guy continues to throw his hands up in the air at the cop. At this point the cop gets out of the car (and you can tell he’s pissed) and starts to walk up to the driver’s side of the Mustang, but then the light turns green, so the guy finally gets a clue and turns right into the driveway. At this point, I guess the cop gives up on whoever he was INTENDING to go after, and pulls up behind the guy in the Mustang in the driveway. He got out of the car and just SLAMMED that door shut… this guy was pissed. By this point, the car in front of me moved however, so I had to drive on…. I so wanted to see what happened from there.

I mean what the hell kind of JACKASS doesn’t move for a cop with lights and sirens going in the first place… but then to throw your hands up in the air as if he’s bothering you? Um, hello, why not just put a sign on your back window saying “I’m a dumbass, please pull me over!”

So I wonder – what IS the fine for blocking a cop from responding to a call? And on a serious note, what this guy wasn’t apparently thinking about was what if it was HIS wife, or his child involved in an accident or something that this cop was trying to respond to?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Should have just rammed him.

That's like when there's a traffic jam on the highway and everyone starts using the median and shit.... Then a cop or ambulance comes up through and can't fucking move. I think there should be a mandatory license suspension in those instances...

Fucking people could be dying cause you've just got to get to that movie on time. Retards.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fucking people could be dying cause you've just got to get to that movie on time. Retards.
Exactly!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

The guy probably hates cops and thought he was getting back at them by blocking them in. Unfortunately being retarded isn't against the law, so the guy probably didn't get a ticket but I'm sure he got an ear full.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

North Dakota will fine you if you don't pull over for emergency vechiles.....

Just ask Cutty................

In his defense (or at least what he told me) he did pull over but apparently the dude driving the ambulance though cutty should hit the ditch not slowly and safely pull over....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The guy probably hates cops and thought he was getting back at them by blocking them in. Unfortunately being retarded isn't against the law, so the guy probably didn't get a ticket but I'm sure he got an ear full.
Apparently depending on what type of call the cop was trying to respond to, it's obstruction (and therefore yes, ticketable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Here, too.

Also, if a cop is on the side of a road (i.e. pulling someone over, responding to an accident), you have to move over a lane (to give him a wide berth), or if you can't, then you're supposed to drop your speed to 20 below the posted speed limit (this is a recent law passed due to cagers target fixating on cops on the side of the road, then hitting and killing them!)
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

Also, if a cop is on the side of a road (i.e. pulling someone over, responding to an accident), you have to move over a lane (to give him a wide berth), or if you can't, then you're supposed to drop your speed to 20 below the posted speed limit (this is a recent law passed due to cagers target fixating on cops on the side of the road, then hitting and killing them!)
They passed that law here in MI several years back. My wife got pulled over for that when we first moved here. We didn't know it was a law to move over. He didn't give her a ticket though because she did lower her speed.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

You gots to respect they authoritayyyyy!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post

Just ask Cutty................

In his defense (or at least what he told me) he did pull over but apparently the dude driving the ambulance though cutty should hit the ditch not slowly and safely pull over....
$25 to be exact... and 3 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Why didn't the cop just back up and go around?

One of the first things they teach you in defensive driving is "to always leave yourself an out!"

If I was that guy, I would have asked the cop for his badge number and filed a complaignt against him.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote