Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Starbucks for Valentines Day, anyone?

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...y-prompts.html

Quote:
Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012

By National Gun Victims Action Council
Published: Monday, Jan. 23, 2012 - 8:19 am
CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120123/DC39227LOGO)

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)

To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry." Non-Sane Gun Laws

Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns but despite having been petitioned by thousands, asked at a shareholder meeting, and a direct appeal made to their Board, Starbucks clings to this policy that puts millions of Americans at risk every day and encourages the spread of guns being carried in public.

IMPACT OF STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Fineman says, "Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA's lethal pro-gun agenda damages its 'socially conscious company' brand. Further," adds Fineman, "Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow."

According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.
First of all, what are "sane" gun laws?
Next, did you see those SHOCKING two pictures of people with guns having dangerous conversations with coffee??

And, really??? The coffee shops are the dangerous places to go??? I would think the open carry policy is exactly why there are NOT more gun incidents at their stores...

I'll buy a venti mocha latte that day, will you?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Gun stuff aside...
I think they should play this in starbucks stores on valentines day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLkICjlyuE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Next, did you see those SHOCKING two pictures of people with guns having dangerous conversations with coffee??

And, really??? The coffee shops are the dangerous places to go??? I would think the open carry policy is exactly why there are NOT more gun incidents at their stores...

I know where I'm not going to rob.

What these folks dont exactly understand is that the folks in the photos are the good guys, seriously, middle aged white guys that hang out in starbucks? You are scared of these guys? I'd be more scared that they forgot to take their cholesterol meds and have a heart attack behind the wheel of their car in the parking lot and run me over!

These are not the gang bangers that are going out shooting up the streets, these are law abiding people who are exsercising their ability to self defend.

Out of the 100,000,000 or so guns on the streets today 14k deaths is not bad compared to England which has an estimated 750,000 handguns (all illegal) 375 deaths! The actual number of guns used to kill someone in the US is actually lower than england. In the UK 5 out of every 10,000 guns are use in a homocide, vs the US where 15 out of every 100,000 are used in a homocide. Sorry but the numbers don't exactly hold water.

I'm not going to shop at starbucks on valentines day, mostly because I detest their coffee
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

One word: Morons.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Reading through that, I just kept thinking "seriously? do you idiots even understand the concept of personal protection?"

Regardless of what public location it is, there are too many idiots out there with guns and despite the ban-crowds desires, there is no way all the guns will be removed from the streets. Therefore, I will carry my gun in a safe manner in order to protect myself and others from the idiots.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

What's even better is the link to "types of guns." Idiots, pure and simple.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

starbucks allows guns?

huh, I would have thought they would be left-wing greenies
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
starbucks allows guns?

Same here... wow...
I'm not crazy about their coffee, but I might have to give them a little business just to support a pro-gun business. (not that my business would even be like a billionth of a percent of their overall )
Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Derf... go get a treat and a water instead of coffee... find an army rifle and take it with. LOL

Capt, I'm with ya... these people are idiots.

I am going to make it a point to take my handgun in open carry on that day. So much to the point that I set an alarm in my calendar.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
starbucks allows guns?

right.....