Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Scams.

Ohhhhh Craigslist scams......

Quote:
Hi,

Before we go forward with this sale I want to tell you that I`m here in Albany, NY (the bike is here with me). The reason I'm selling this bike way below market value, is because I would like to help ease the burden of my sisters medical expenses, which she has acquired do to a serious illness. That is why I am forced to sell it as soon as possible and for that price. the thing is i`m very busy and i don`t have time to stay and meet with all my potential buyers, that is why i gave to a shipping company that will ship it to the next owner (on my cost as the distance is not great).
I will make the deal only to eBay. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested in buying it so I can ask eBay to send you the details on how this works. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, full address an phone number) so we can get things started. Let me know as soon as you can.

Thank you!

David
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Ask them how the weather is in Nigeria.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Ask him if they opened the beaches in albany yet? Its almost time to go surfing
Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Ask them how the weather is in Nigeria.
Why don't you contact him and let him know you're in the area, and can take a look at it in person?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Why don't you contact him and let him know you're in the area, and can take a look at it in person?
if I get time I may

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I have a guitar for sale on CL, had a guy send me an email and say I want the guitar, please send me your address and when you are home so I can come to meet you.

maybe it's just me but I took that to mean "when are you not home so I can steal it"

I wrote him back that I would meet him half way whenever he was available. no response after that. hmm.
had a guy come to get a car that I had. unfortnately didn't run so he had to come to the house. he didn't bring the wrecker he said he was bringing but did bring a friend. funny only thing he kept asking was "is your dog friendly"? and when do you get home from work.

I put his mind at ease, I told the dog was very friendly....to me. she played along very well by going in her outdoor kennel and all but eating the fencing to get out and "play with him"
then I told him when I'm not home my 20 year old son is. funny he never came back to get the car.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Ask him if they opened the beaches in albany yet? Its almost time to go surfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I have a guitar for sale on CL, had a guy send me an email and say I want the guitar, please send me your address and when you are home so I can come to meet you.

maybe it's just me but I took that to mean "when are you not home so I can steal it"

I wrote him back that I would meet him half way whenever he was available. no response after that. hmm.
had a guy come to get a car that I had. unfortnately didn't run so he had to come to the house. he didn't bring the wrecker he said he was bringing but did bring a friend. funny only thing he kept asking was "is your dog friendly"? and when do you get home from work.

I put his mind at ease, I told the dog was very friendly....to me. she played along very well by going in her outdoor kennel and all but eating the fencing to get out and "play with him"
then I told him when I'm not home my 20 year old son is. funny he never came back to get the car.
And people look at me like I'm crazy when I start stashing holdout pistols around the house for cl deals
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
And people look at me like I'm crazy when I start stashing holdout pistols around the house for cl deals
i thought everyone did that.
anytime there's money/possessions/strangers involved theres a chance something might not go as planned.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
if I get time I may
CL ad was flagged fast. It was an ad for a clean 954 for like $3000.

I should tell him I have wired money in form of a cashiers check to a friend that lives in NY, and that friend owns his own transport company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
i thought everyone did that.
anytime there's money/possessions/strangers involved theres a chance something might not go as planned.
Hell yea, we had lookers at my friend's bike recently, before I sold it to a dealer. I had my XD under my jacket and he had his compact MMP 40 on him whenver anybody came around.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote