Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Paved One-lane, One-way Roads

Some friends of mine came back from Sturgis and I asked if they went to Custer State Park. I went there in September in the late 70's and there was this unbelievable one-lane one-way road in the park. Steep downhill, extremely curvy, and in a dark forest.

The woman who drove up there mentioned the one-lane tunnels in the park where you have to blow your horn before entering. But that wasn't it as the road I was on was about 2-3 miles long. The guy who rode his Harley there said it was too crowded to go into the park. I tried Googling it but only came up with the tunnels. I hope they didn't make it into a two-lane. Anyway, if you should decide to go to Sturgis, Mount Rushmore, and Custer State Park, go there before or after the rally. And if the one-lane road is still there, let me know.

My other favorite, paved one-lane road is on top of a Hogback. That's the name for tilted sedimentary rock formations that stick up in the air and form a spine like the back of a hog. The road is Skyline Drive, in Canon City, Colorado http://www.sangres.com/colorado/frem...line-drive.htm. They often shoot car commercials on this road.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

pm me the location and I will check next june.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Sounds pretty wild....and fun.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote