Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i
Default Motorcyclist struck; drunken driver caught

Close to where I live. My brother is a PO and was helping to search for the guy. Shame

Motorcyclist struck; drunken driver caught

The driver of a motorcycle struck by a pickup truck the evening of Tuesday, May 11, at the intersection of Ohio 4 and Ohio 129 was taken by medical helicopter to University Hospital with several injuries. The driver of the pickup truck initially fled the scene, after dragging the bike more than 300 yards, but was later apprehended by Hamilton police.
Man arrested in Tuesday night hit-and-run had 0.171 alcohol level, suspended license, police say

By Dave Greber, Staff Writer Updated 8:45 AM Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAMILTON — The man who struck a motorcyclist with his pickup truck and then fled the scene Tuesday night, May 11, was drunk and driving with a suspended license, according to Hamilton police.

The 33-year-old motorcyclist, whose name was not released pending notification of family, was seriously injured after he was thrown from the bike when it collided with the pickup at approximately 8:35 p.m. at Erie Boulevard (Ohio 4) and High Street (Ohio 129).

Police said a preliminary investigation indicated that the driver of the truck, identified as Jeffrey Carson, 43, of Hamilton “may have failed to yield to the motorcycle” as Carson was turning left onto Erie and the motorcyclist was heading east on High Street.

Police said Carson fled with the bike pinned under his truck’s front bumper. The motorcycle was dragged about 300 yards until it was dislodged near the entrance of The Grub Pub.

A gas trail from the site of impact curled south on Ohio 4 amid glass and plastic to where the motorcycle came to rest. A single black shoe was found by officers about 50 feet away from the intersection in the front parking lot of Jay’s Furniture Direct.

The motorcyclist, who appeared to be unresponsive at the scene, was transported by ambulance to the Butler County Regional Airport so he could be flown to University Hospital in Cincinnati.

Carson was initially charged with leaving the scene of an accident, driving under suspension and operating a vehicle while intoxicated. A charge of aggravated vehicular assault, a third-degree felony, was added overnight, according to Hamilton Municipal Court records. Police said his blood alcohol level registered at 0.171, more than two times Ohio’s legal driving limit of 0.08.

“I saw the guy fly in the air and sparks were just flying going right down Route 4,” said Chris Dunn, of Fairfield, who witnessed the accident.

Another motorist was waiting to turn left onto Ohio 129 from Ohio 4 when he saw the collision.

“I just watched it all unfold, and I said, ‘I can’t believe this is happening,’ ” said the man who declined to give his name. “I have a motorcycle also, and even though I’m cautious, it’s frightening.”

Police said driver of pickup who fled the scene was impaired and had a suspended license.
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Throw the switch Mr. Garrison.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

By Dave Greber, Staff Writer Updated 1:22 PM Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAMILTON — The local driver of a pickup truck that struck a motorcyclist Tuesday night, May 11, said he had been drinking “quite a bit” before the crash, accident reports indicate.

Jeffrey Carson, 43, of Hamilton, was apprehended by police at his house off Vandeveer Avenue minutes after he allegedly failed to yield at the intersection of High Street and Erie Boulevard and struck the motorcyclist.

Carson then fled the scene, the bike still lodged under his front bumper.

Police said a trail of water from the site where the motorcycle became separated from the pickup truck led them to Carson’s home. Although he smelled strongly of alcohol, Carson told police he got spooked and drove off, insisting the crash was the motorcyclist’s fault, according to police reports.

Chad R. Boeding, 33, of Cincinnati, was taken by ambulance to the Butler County Regional Airport, where he was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital with severe injuries. He was listed in critical condition Wednesday afternoon, May 12.

Neither Carson nor Boeding were licensed drivers or carried insurance, according to Hamilton Sgt. Craig Bucheit. Boeding was wearing a helmet, however.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
By Dave Greber, Staff Writer Updated 1:22 PM Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAMILTON — The local driver of a pickup truck that struck a motorcyclist Tuesday night, May 11, said he had been drinking “quite a bit” before the crash, accident reports indicate.

Jeffrey Carson, 43, of Hamilton, was apprehended by police at his house off Vandeveer Avenue minutes after he allegedly failed to yield at the intersection of High Street and Erie Boulevard and struck the motorcyclist.

Carson then fled the scene, the bike still lodged under his front bumper.

Police said a trail of water from the site where the motorcycle became separated from the pickup truck led them to Carson’s home. Although he smelled strongly of alcohol, Carson told police he got spooked and drove off, insisting the crash was the motorcyclist’s fault, according to police reports.

Chad R. Boeding, 33, of Cincinnati, was taken by ambulance to the Butler County Regional Airport, where he was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital with severe injuries. He was listed in critical condition Wednesday afternoon, May 12.

Neither Carson nor Boeding were licensed drivers or carried insurance, according to Hamilton Sgt. Craig Bucheit. Boeding was wearing a helmet, however.
Lets see. Should believe the bystanders or the drunk guy? Hmmmm..........decisions.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #5
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Both no license and both no insurance. Gonna suck for the motorcyclist.

This reminds me of a guy who was driving drunk on a Sunday with his wife and kid when he veered into the oncoming lane of a 2 lane canyon road and hit a motorcyclist. The motorcyclist crashed on one side of the road the car went off the other side. The wife and kid were injured so this dirt bag tries to flee the scene on foot only to be followed by another motorist who called police as he was following the guy. The guy was caught and charged with a bunch of shit.

If you have any motor skills left to drive then you have skills to realize that the bike is still under your vehicle. Hope he gets what is coming to him.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
insisting the crash was the motorcyclist’s fault,
yeah cuz it's NEVER YOUR fault - it's always "the other person" who's at fault.

second vote for throwing the f**king switch.

Please tell me the rider lived?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Both no license and both no insurance. Gonna suck for the motorcyclist.

This reminds me of a guy who was driving drunk on a Sunday with his wife and kid when he veered into the oncoming lane of a 2 lane canyon road and hit a motorcyclist. The motorcyclist crashed on one side of the road the car went off the other side. The wife and kid were injured so this dirt bag tries to flee the scene on foot only to be followed by another motorist who called police as he was following the guy. The guy was caught and charged with a bunch of shit.

If you have any motor skills left to drive then you have skills to realize that the bike is still under your vehicle. Hope he gets what is coming to him.
http://www.1800motorcycle.net/
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
mrigotskillz
Squid

The guy on the bike is my friend chad ive been best friends with him my whole life i went and saw him today at the hospital hes doing beter but it still brought a tear to my eye to see my dude like that get well soon chad ..... Royal
mrigotskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

That sucks. I hope Chad gets better! I'm sure the other guy will get what he deserves.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #10
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Good to see he's doing better. I've been watching the papers to see if there has been an update of any sort and haven't been able to come up with anything.