Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville
Default Ghost stories.

Last edited by Triple; 11-09-2009 at 09:30 AM..
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

hmmm...too many to list. While in college I worked at this club that used to be a department store that caught on fire where several people died. So we used to have experiences most nights.

mine came one night when i was in the club alone shutting everything down and all of a sudden one of the doors slammed shut and the dance lights came on. in order to turn the lights on you had to be upstairs with me so i knew no one was messing with me.

another experience happened with some candles that we used to put out. again I was the last one out so I blew them all out. when i get outside my friend goes to me, hey you left one candle lit (you could see them through a window). The thing was that i put all the candles on one table and only one was burning.

There are a lot more stories like this from other people that worked there with me...that place was freaky at night

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

I was Night Chef at this restaurant back in the 70's: Lotsa weird stuff happened all the time: candles relighting themselves, sounds of people walking around after we'd closed up, numerous times you'd set stuff down and come back and it would be moved. I was the opener on Sunday Am's...I'd set stuff on the counter and come back and it would be back in the storeroom, or in the dumbwaiter.....werd......

http://www.forepaughs.com/

http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/...restaurant.cfm
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

No stories. Sorry, I just don't believe. I will say however movies like Poltergeist, Amittyville Horror, and the Shining scared the shit out of me as a kid.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No stories. Sorry, I just don't believe. I will say however movies like Poltergeist, Amittyville Horror, and the Shining scared the shit out of me as a kid.
Carol Ann Carol Ann the beast is calling...

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Carol Ann Carol Ann the beast is calling...
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

They scare the crap out of me!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I have one... but it was 20 years ago so the details are a hazy...

I'd had a boyfriend who passed away in a motorcycle accident on the 4th of July. I had seen him the weekend before (he lived in another state) and right before I was going back home I said to him "I feel like I'm never going to see you again." He said "don't be silly, we have too much fun when we're together for that to happen." I talked to him on the evening of the 4th of July, later that night he died. Cut to two years later, on the anniversary of either our meeting or his passing (can't recall) sitting in my living room and suddenly my stereo turned itself on, to a station I never listened to, and the chorus of a song was playing "...when will I see you, again..." Needless to say I nearly shit myself as I had been thinking about him that day, and that last in person conversation we'd had. Eventually I was able to get up from where I was sitting and turn the stereo off.

Thereafter, for about a year, the stereo would randomly turn itself on, to a station it hadn't been tuned to, and as time went on, it would turn on at a normal volume, and then get increasingly more loud. Because I believe in stuff like this and because of when and what happened the first time, I believed it to be Gary "contacting" me. I told him he was scaring me and asked him to stop. He didn't. I had been living in Michigan at the time, and then I moved to Germany. After I moved, the stereo stopped turning itself on. There is a school of thought that says if you move across a body of water, the spirit can't follow you. I don't get why, but that's what happened to me.

OH, wait, I have another one. 4 years ago one of my best friends died of breast cancer the week before I was supposed to go visit her. (I lived in MI and she lived in CO) I made the trip anyway, to help her sons who were pretty young go through her things and just deal with the situation in general. One night her oldest son and I were in the bedroom that used to be hers, which beside now holding boxes is also where a keyboard was. He was practicing "Amazing Grace" which he's been asked to play at her memorial. There was a framed drawing of a child and underneath the picture are written words to the effect of "100 years from now all that will matter is that you made a difference in the life of a child" hanging on one of the walls.

So I'm laying there on the floor crying, listening to him play, and at some point I looked up at the wall, and this picture which had been previously hanging completely straight, is now very noticeably NOT straight. I told her son about it, and he was freaked out too because it wasn't just my imagination that it had been straight before but now wasn't.

On the same trip I had taken a bunch of pics on a disposable camera. (My digital camera decided to not work while I was there.) It had 27 pics on it, but of them, only 19 were able to be developed, for some reason. Of the 19, 3 of them were taken in the apartment she had lived in, and in those 3, and ONLY those 3, there is a weird "shaft" of light/color running down the sides of the pictures. None of them were taken by the same person and they were at different times and from different angles. I think she was still hanging out with us.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Awesome stories guys!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

2up's story reminds me of another one...

This one is about my mother. She passed away in 1997 from a heart attack unexpectedly...being Jewish we don't do an open casket service, but before hand the family can have a viewing. So, while my family was viewing my mom, my cousin stuck a telephone in her casket and didn't tell us until after we had laid her to rest. Anyway, my father, sister and I spend a week in NY/NJ spending time with family and friends. We get back home and starting that night our telephone rings...no one there, the next night...same thing, no one there. a week goes by and we are like WTF, then we remember about my cousin sticking the phone in her casket. For one year to the day of her death our phone rang one time at the same time every night.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote