Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
CasterTroy

Default I need a little help

If you've read this thread and you WOULD like to help....I ask for feedback.

I can't rail the twisties again. After seeing Brian's cold white Irises with specs of fresh dirt sprinkled on his face and eyes, holding his head and breathing in his nose, only to have blood pour from his mouth, I can't with good conscience, feel the rush, or get the high I once did doing it.

Brian was the only rider that could not only keep up with me…but keep me on my toes making me better with every curve trying to keep up with him.

I know it’s early….and yes I know, give it time….and I WILL...and I will revisit this thread in a week….two weeks…three weeks….etc until I can make a rational decision.

BUT….for now…I ask for feedback.

I can’t stand sports…I grew up with just my mother, and my buddies all like riding bikes and motorcycles…so we never really did anything but BMX and dirtbikes until it was time for license, then we all went street.

So I have no Saturday/Sunday couch potato activities….nor do I attend sporting events.

I’m not into drag racing, but I DO like taking a corner on a bike…and in a car.

Would it be possible to get somewhat the same thrill from a car, as it would be from a bike?

What car?

I’m just throwing this out as a possibility. I mean, if I were to REPLACE bikes with a car ($15-$20k…NOT NEW either) what would be a likely candidate?

I’d like something that could handle the same roads I ride a bike on…but something with enough nuts to do a good burnout and allow me the same immature antics I enjoy on a bike.

Any suggestions?

And thank you in advance...you all have been a great comfort to me.....REALLY
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Troy, I understand a little bit how you must feel(I had a passenger I thought I killed when I had my accident), but I want to ask you a few questions.

Do you think Brian would want you to give up biking?
Would you want Brian to give up biking, if the roles were reversed?

I am not going to tell you what you should do, just throwing out a thought for you to chew on.

BTW, ever since my crash, I have always been one of the slowest in any group, but I still have fun.

Now for your question, Caterham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkXJaxmMSA&feature=fvw
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
CasterTroy

Thats WTF I'm talkin bout!!!!!!!!

Great suggestion

And.....I know you understand. Thanks!

To answer the questions.....I have to give you a little more info about him.....for as much as I loved Brian as a "Buddy" he wasn't one to ever share emotions or feelings. I mean...it was rare he told you whether he was hot or cold..you just guessed by what he wore.

ALSO, He had a very good friend die doing something stupid....a wheelie over a blind hill on a CBR 900 RR about 13 yrs ago and it never stopped him...but he wasn't WITH him at the time....holding his head screaming at him to wake up.

Brian was a very selfish person. As long as you KNEW that, and accepted him for who he was, he was fine...but even to his wife, he was selfish. He made the money...so he had the toys...etc. I was one of the few people in the world who DIDN'T try to change him or tell him he was selfish...I just took him for who he was and enjoyed him for himself.

So no..he wouldn't give up riding...because that's HIS, and the concern of his wife/family wasn't as important as him being able to ride.

That was brought up yesterday.

I am NOT a selfish person..I care MORE for my family than for myself. So to compare us and what he would do if roles were reversed is kind of a bad comparison.

MY problem is seeing the aftermath...his wife...the families....the friends...ME

Yes I could die in a car a much more tragic death....but my family could sleep at night
Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

This is a choice you have to make yourself. Think about it long and hard. maybe take a break from riding for awhile or change what/how you ride.

Ultimately, its up to you, all we can do is offer our thoughts on the matter.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Troy,
If you do decide you want to get into something else, look into autocrossing. Check out the SCCA ( sports car club of America ). Solo 2 events are a blast and you can get intoit pretty cheap. You can race with anything from a Honda civic. Dodge neon, Mazda miata, or pretty much any small to medium sized car. There are classes for stock cars, mild modded cars, highly modded cars, and everything inbetween.

The amount you spend is basically up to you. You can go racing for $25 per event. If you want to run race tires you can. If you want to run stock tires, you can.

The Solo 2 events are basically individual timed runs on a road course, a good sized parking lot, or even an airport runway. The course is marked by cones or painted lines. Check it out. It's a great rush and alot of fun.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
Troy,
Check it out. It's a great rush and alot of fun.

Will do Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

miata!

first start auto-crossing

then road racing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00045a.JPG (125.3 KB, 152 views)
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
CasterTroy

6'-2"

I can't SIT in a miata with the top up Ed.....and when I DO sit in one the top bar of the windshield is all I see
Old 09-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

hmmm.........so you have a long torso.........just sit on the floor.......lol

buy a race only miata.........kekeke no top needed
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
6'-2"

I can't SIT in a miata with the top up Ed.....and when I DO sit in one the top bar of the windshield is all I see
the right race seat layout will put you on the floor
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote