Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr
Default Phone Geeks...advice please!!!

Well the time has come to upgrade my phone. Jarv and I went to the verizon store last night to play with some phones and try to narrow it down. I've brought it down to 2 or 3 phones, but the verizon wireless website doesn't let you do a comparison across categories (like between a blackberry and a regular cell phone). And I tried to google a comparison but maybe they're just not in the same league as nobody seems to have it. Aaanyway....

1. Blackberry Tour
2. HTC Ozone
3. HTC Touch Pro 2 (not released yet. I'd have to wait. They say it will be here in "fall". But is already available for T-mobile.

Right now I have an enV, so it's pretty much just calls and texts. But I am feeling like I want to add data for the PDA thing. I don't think I'll use the internet too often, but I want to be able to have my e-mail fed to my phone to get it anywhere. And I'd use facebook and those things. I don't think there's any way to get facebook and e-mail without the internet. But if there is, that would be great!

I liked the feel of both the Tour and the Ozone. The Ozones camera is only a 2.0, the same as my enV, and no flash. The Tour has a 3.2 with a flash. I do use the camera. Not as my regular camera but to catch, spurt of the moment things. I text a LOT.

Thoughts? Thanks!! Going to work and since I don't have data on my env, lol, I won't see your responses until after 6 tonight.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I can "use" facebook on my phone without the internet...in the form of texts. I can update status by texting to FB and I get get messeges via text too. Can also upload photos...but I can't view anyone's profile. So you may want to do something like that if you dont get internet on your phone.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I can "use" facebook on my phone without the internet...in the form of texts. I can update status by texting to FB and I get get messeges via text too. Can also upload photos...but I can't view anyone's profile. So you may want to do something like that if you dont get internet on your phone.
Werd. Before we got the iPhones, we were able to do the same thing.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

No experience with any of those. I love my bb flip
Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

You may not like this anwser, but my suggestion is one word: WAIT

Verizon is going to be issuing a new round of blackberries toward the end of the year and early next year. These blackberries will be WIFI enabled and will have learned from the mistakes of the Tour and Storm. I wouldn't get a Tour based on the reviews of them at Crackberry, but the Storm 2 is getting raves in beta compared to the Storm. There are some other keyboard Blackberries that will be coming out as well that are getting some nice pre reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Master phone geek has spoken!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You may not like this anwser, but my suggestion is one word: WAIT

Verizon is going to be issuing a new round of blackberries toward the end of the year and early next year. These blackberries will be WIFI enabled and will have learned from the mistakes of the Tour and Storm. I wouldn't get a Tour based on the reviews of them at Crackberry, but the Storm 2 is getting raves in beta compared to the Storm. There are some other keyboard Blackberries that will be coming out as well that are getting some nice pre reviews.
dont forget verizon's first round of android devices is on its way as well. im drooling all over the motorola sholes

real audio jack, wifi, slider layout, and a 5 mp camera. cant wait
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
OneNotSoSickPsycho
Squidliest

Moto: OSP

If you're going to use your phone for emailing and internet, I definitely suggest the Blackberry. I have the Curve, and it's awesome. I love how fast the internet works, and I can update everything through my email. I don't even use text messaging because I have Blackberry Messanger (which is the same thing, but free for anyone who has a blackberry). OSP has the BB Storm, and it sucks. I don't know anything about the other phones, but just thought I'd share a little about the blackberry
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Samsung Omnia II

I will be getting this phone. Verizon claims it will be available later this month.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10264584-1.html
Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

she looked at the omnia the other day but liked the blackberry more
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote