Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #81
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
As if this crap hasn't been tough enough........ more stuff has surfaced in his life that no one knows about (but ME now) and it's just more than I needed to EVER know or wanted to know.

Geez I don't need all this information.

SO dissapointed in him
What... u gonna leave us hangin? lol

I also thought you were divorced, no?

I've been through this a few times...it sucks. I lost a friend in 2003, then in 2006 both to cycle accidents AND my very good bud almost died in 2007. I was right behind him riding in the canyons when he crashed right up against the mountainside (lowsided). It's hard to swallow.....Even the best riders fall.

My prayers go out to his family and yours.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #82
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I remembered watching my buddy's truck gotten blown up by a mine and saw the remains of his body. I didn't have to tell his wife and kid that he died but later on when I returned home and went to see them, the wife said that she wanted nothing to do with the Army including the people that he served with. I never will forget the hatred she had in her eyes.

Sometimes the deads have it easy.

My condolences to you and even more so to his living family.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 AM   #83
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I remembered watching my buddy's truck gotten blown up by a mine and saw the remains of his body. I didn't have to tell his wife and kid that he died but later on when I returned home and went to see them, the wife said that she wanted nothing to do with the Army including the people that he served with. I never will forget the hatred she had in her eyes.

Sometimes the deads have it easy.

My condolences to you and even more so to his living family.
Yea when one of my buddies lost his leg in '96, his girlfriend freaked out on all of us at the hospital and accused us of crippling him... I also once saw a guy's Mom spit on the bikes at his funeral. It can be so tough sometimes for those left behind or that have to pick up the pieces.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #84
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post

I also thought you were divorced, no?
Yep.....2006

Remarried in may
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #85
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Different woman though, right?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #86
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Well I shouldn't have read this at work...

Someone said it perfectly: Brian died painlessly doing what he loved with his best friend. We should all be so lucky.

I have no idea what you and his wife must be going through right now. My condolences.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #87
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Different woman though, right?
Apoc! For shame! Start a new thread! (Although despite the topic of this thread your post made me giggle, couldn't help it..)

Troy I am so sorry you are going through this. Hokie is right about Doug though, he is a great guy and I know he would talk to you if you want to. I have his number and if you want me to give him your number send me a PM.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #88
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Troy, I wish I had something more helpful to say than I'm sorry. Your post was so moving I almost had to stop reading it. Take care of yourself and don't pressure yourself to decide right away whether or not riding is something you want to continue doing. There's nothing wrong with taking a break for a while and letting yourself heal.

I hope you don't mind, but our local board had a vague thread started about this and I pointed them here for information. Your local riding family has you, your family, and your friend's family in their thoughts: http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/v...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by fasternyou929; 09-09-2009 at 10:30 PM..
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #89
CasterTroy

Thanks.....Do me a favor and remove the familys last name....I've been asked to take stuff down so his wife and mother do not find the posts on google.

The funeral was tonight.......I lost it when they rolled him out
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #90
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Apoc! For shame! Start a new thread! (Although despite the topic of this thread your post made me giggle, couldn't help it..)

Troy I am so sorry you are going through this. Hokie is right about Doug though, he is a great guy and I know he would talk to you if you want to. I have his number and if you want me to give him your number send me a PM.

I already gave my condolences, and we were on the topic, it seemed appropriate at the time?

Hindsights 20/20. Troy knows I meant no disrespect.

And Troy, funerals are the worst thing in the world. The only thing that can make you more miserable than you already are, is being around 100 other people who feel the same.

Take some time alone, with your kids and wife. Appreciate what you've got and be thankful for it, and remember him well.

Last edited by Apoc; 09-09-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote