Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #51
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

lol i have nothing against the iphone or apple. i just have something against ATT. I'm just not willing to switch providers just for that phone. I've had verizon since my parents gave me my phone cell phone when i was a freshman in high school, accept it was called something different then back in like...2001 i think....I've always been happy with them. And Jarv has had just about every provider under the sun and has had the best experience with verizon...so we're sticking.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #52
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickibocc View Post
lol i have nothing against the iphone or apple. i just have something against ATT. I'm just not willing to switch providers just for that phone. I've had verizon since my parents gave me my phone cell phone when i was a freshman in high school, accept it was called something different then back in like...2001 i think....I've always been happy with them. And Jarv has had just about every provider under the sun and has had the best experience with verizon...so we're sticking.
01' werent they still mci or some shit like that?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #53
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
01' werent they still mci or some shit like that?
It used to be Bell Atlantic I think then they became Verizon and started buying up lots of smaller telco's.

Personally I love Apple products but AT&T is garbage and even the iPhone isnt worth a switch to an inferior network. Also, I have an iPod Touch which I use all the time and makes up for the lack of iTunes integration on the Droid.

In fact, I have a friend with an iPhone who recently dropped it in the water while fishing, he eventually got a replacement but for a few weeks he was completley without his address book, notes, and music player, not to mention phone. That reminded me that I dont mind carrying two divices if it means all of my eggs arent in one basket.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
It used to be Bell Atlantic I think then they became Verizon and started buying up lots of smaller telco's.

Personally I love Apple products but AT&T is garbage and even the iPhone isnt worth a switch to an inferior network. Also, I have an iPod Touch which I use all the time and makes up for the lack of iTunes integration on the Droid.

In fact, I have a friend with an iPhone who recently dropped it in the water while fishing, he eventually got a replacement but for a few weeks he was completley without his address book, notes, and music player, not to mention phone. That reminded me that I dont mind carrying two divices if it means all of my eggs arent in one basket.

That was my deal breaker for getting an I-Phone. I did not want to deal with ATT and at the time they did not offer an insurance plan... yea fuck buying a $600 phone (at the time) and being unable to insure it against breakage, loss, etc. I worked with a guy that literally cracked his screen within the first week of owning an I-Phone!!! Besides, when they first came out, I had Helio and my phone won the "Pepsi challenge" every time as far as browsing speed was concerned. The I-Phone has a certain "cool factor" but there are several phones that kick it's ass when it comes to performance and features-camera, video capture, etc. Shit can you even replace the battery yet in an I-Phone?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #55
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

ATT fucking blows. I'm done with these fucks as soon as my contract is up. DONE.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #56
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

We went last night and traded them in. I got the Storm2 and he got the droid. So far so good. Let's home it stays that way.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote