Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #41
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Troy, you already know how I feel. If you're looking at cars - stay away from big muscle cars. And, for the love of all holy - stay away from a mustang. It is, after all, just a mustang. If you go Ford, it should be a Cobra or greater.

I'd say Lotus, except they have all sorts of recall issues that most haven't resolved. Miata is a good choice - it's the SV650 of track cars, plenty of them out there so parts are readily available. Mini is the invincible of all the track cars - small wheel base and corners like no other.

Of course, if you have the budget I'd say go M3 or M5.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #42
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I hope I helped even just a little.

You did brother!!! You did!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Troy... I'm wondering do you just not get enjoyment out of just riding? is it just the "hooliganizm" that gets your high? the reason I ask is I see you've got a R1150RTL... but yet your question seems to deal with only the high adrenaline stuff.

are you considering giving up riding completely or just the 'motard?

To be completely honest I don't think you'll find something that allows you to be so in control and out of control at the same time as riding a motorcycle. as many have said before... that's what draws us in.

I'm a little different than most... and deal with things my own way... but in your situation... now would be a perfect time for a road trip to nowhere. not to run away... but to be alone... with my thoughts and feelings... the open road is therapeutic to me... always has been...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #44
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

i traded off my bike the other day to a buddy and drove his 97 Toyota Supra and that car blew my damn mind, handling and braking were possibly as good as the bike, and would smoke a 750 in a straight line, even top speed will beat my bike as mine cuts off at 186, i've witnessed the Supra make a 200mph pass(on GPS)!

but i think he's got about 60k in it

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #45
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
To be completely honest I don't think you'll find something that allows you to be so in control and out of control at the same time as riding a motorcycle. as many have said before... that's what draws us in.
Actually, I'll say that there's one thing that's even more so- high-performance jet skis. If you've got a big lake nearby, rent or borrow one... They lack the destination/new scenery factor of a bike (usually), but they lean the right way when you turn them, and they offer some awesome delta-v without worry about speed traps or the hassle of arranging your schedule around a track date.

Best wishes to you, Troy.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #46
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
6'-2"

I can't SIT in a miata with the top up Ed.....and when I DO sit in one the top bar of the windshield is all I see
My dad's 6'3" and he has no problems..

To answer your question though - why does it have to have a motor? Horseback riding, hiking, etc etc. all have their own thrills as well. Those are the things I am going to do.

Last edited by MILK; 09-10-2009 at 10:21 AM..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #47
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post

To answer your question though - why does it have to have a motor?
If I didnt know from the hot body and good looks, that statement right there would tell me your a girl!
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
If I didnt know from the hot body and good looks, that statement right there would tell me your a girl!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #49
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post

are you considering giving up riding completely or just the 'motard?
to be honest..I don't know....I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt...I don't know if I'm hungry, or if it's nerves....I just don't KNOW anything right now. But in the event I have something come to me...I was going to use this thread as a reference point and info to help educate my next move....if there IS one.

I DO KNOW....the hard core railing I did on the road is over.....I got the motard thinking the speed would decrease from that of the R1/TLR..etc thus lowering the potential danger factor....but in actuality I'm 2x as fast thru the tight stuff (think deals gap) that I EVER was on the TLR or the R1....I frickin FLEW thru the corners on those bikes. And now with THIS.....at JUST 50-60 rounding a 25 mph corner carries JUST too much risk for me any more.

That doesn't say that I won't take the motard to the track now.....even though it's limit is 105....I think I can still have fun at the smaller tracks like CMP..so that’s also an option

Also don't know about the BMW.....I got it to ENJOY riding....slow.....and with the wife occasionally. Maybe I just keep IT and chill.

At any rate..no decision can be made for a while....not going to MAKE that call anytime soon...just collecting information on alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post

To answer your question though - why does it have to have a motor? Horseback riding, hiking, etc etc. all have their own thrills as well. Those are the things I am going to do.

Simple answer: I'm a man that’s why

I hike....I canoe...I'm a big outdoors person already, but nothing can replace suck squeeze bang blow.....nothing. I'm a man that has to take stuff apart and "Tim Taylor" it constantly. And a horse torn apart in the garage....well that'd just be messy.

If it has a motor and tires...I'm all about it....and just can't foresee ever being without something to tinker with that doesn't have those things

If it has a motor and tires...I'm all about it....and just can't foresee ever being without something to tinker with that doesn't have those things
Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #50
CasterTroy

Quote:

too funny....as I was composing the long version Apoc hits a bunt and gets a homer