Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well....for one thing,it's in the PS3 MANUAL! Also,there's a note about how changing the HDD doesn't void the warranty. It just goes to prove that people really don't read their manuals....

Oh and it's on the Sony PS3 website under manuals and support...wait,I'll get it...

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/Manuals/PS3
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

manual schmanual i wanted to play F1 dammit.

you never answered what nat type you are running. in any case the chances of infection are extremely unlikely. different OS, aggresively updated, etc
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I have 2 360s. One of them, the one that I bought when the console first released, has been replaced by MS 3 times now.

The second one I bought when I thought my original was out of warranty. It turned out that I still qualified for a free warranty repair. Now, I have 2 consoles.

They have since rebuilt the consoles with a newer, lower power chipset that isn't as prone to overheating. My new one has the new chipset. It's not nearly as noisy, and doesn't get as hot.

My repaired one that's coming via UPS right now, is a new serial number as well. I'm wondering if they just replaced it with a model with the new chipset. We'll see.

What I'm going to do with a second 360, I don't know. If the replacement has the new chipset, I may mod it.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #24
AquaPython
put it THIS way

wtf - i am on my 5th xb and did not get any special nothing!@
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Make sure that your problem isn't with the power supply. If they power supply is yellow during the red rings then it is faulty, not the console. I just had that happen to me on a repaired console. It's still a 50 dollar repair, but at least it's a bit cheaper.
I think mine's always yellow...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #26
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I really like my new PS3. The BluRay is awesome and downloading movies and/or games is really a breeze.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
manual schmanual i wanted to play F1 dammit.

you never answered what nat type you are running. in any case the chances of infection are extremely unlikely. different OS, aggresively updated, etc
That's because I am stupid and have no fucking clue what you are talking about....I have a wireless router,followed the steps and poof,internet!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I really like my new PS3. The BluRay is awesome and downloading movies and/or games is really a breeze.

100% Bluray for the win!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #29
AquaPython
put it THIS way

as of when did they start charging for repairs? i just got my box replaced in december for free.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
as of when did they start charging for repairs? i just got my box replaced in december for free.
They've always charged for repairs if it wasnt under warranty. But i thought if you ever had the RROD Microsoft added an extra 3 years of warranty to your system. My last ring was in like March...... thats not fucking 3 years!!! Theres no goddamn way im paying 94 bucks.

I did get a reply to my email... fuckin generic email from a guy named Bing. It just asked what all of the symptoms of the failure were. Uhhhh, idk? Maybe a red flashign ring and the system wont start????? And that there was a game in the save screen when it happened, and now that game cannot be saved anymore, even on another system.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote