Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
They fucked up, yes.

They should be held responsible, yes.

To tell a customer to pound sand because they called you on a bad service job doesn't add up. Especially after they owned up (financially) to the mistake.
Your Right....But Maybe They just honestly dont want to work on the Guys Bike...Until Tig Chimes in...I dont know...

Either way its fucked retarded
Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
How many times have you been in there?

How many times have you had problems?

Sounds to me like there is more to the story than posted.
Double plusone.

And isn't this like an 05 Gixxer 1000 we're talking about? That's only 4 years old, so I don't see how it would be a "piece of shit" unless there's more to the story than what's posted.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

a report to the BBB may also be in order...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I would also like to point out Wheelers is one of the best shops I have ever been to. I think the guy at Wheelers could fix more with a screw driver and hammer than most places could with a full set of tools. For the record he has and uses a full set of tools, but you would not think so looking at the shop. The shop looks like Cooters garage.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
How many times have you been in there?

How many times have you had problems?

Sounds to me like there is more to the story than posted.

Actually, I've purchased quite a lot of stuff from there and have been a steady customer for over a year. I'd say I've spent about $4000 there or so.

I've had 3 problems with their service, all three were their fault (which Bill admits);

1. "mechanic" used a flat head screw driver to remove wheel weights and scratched my rim.

2. "mechanic" used impact to tighten my front axle and stripped the threads during a tire change.

3. "mechanic" didn't tighten lock nut on fork.

Hell, when they did the frame recall on my bike, the mechanic broke some of the tabs on my body work and blamed it on it being "cheap Chinese shit". He actually complained about it to me. I didn't bother saying anything about that to the service manager because I knew I had a new body kit coming. I spent about 1 hour repairing it afterward, no big deal. The biggest pain was that he didn't reinstall all of the screws the Chinese plastic needs, it mounts a little different than stock, so I had to run to Lowes and get some more to fix it. Not to mention the two screws that he forgot to tighten on my front fender that I lost a few weeks later.

*NOTE* They did the frame recall and the forks at the same time.

It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. Nor does your opinion of what must have "really" happened. Apparently, there is some scenario which would justify Ron Ayers mechanic's shoddy workmanship on my bike. Sure, it's probably my fault that this happened....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

That's why I work on my own bike.

If I need tires mounted, I take the wheels in.

That's the only thing I let someone else do.

So far so good, the only person that's scratched one of my rims is me.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
That's why I work on my own bike.

If I need tires mounted, I take the wheels in.

That's the only thing I let someone else do.

So far so good, the only person that's scratched one of my rims is me.
get a HF or no mar and you can do that yourself too.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Double plusone.

And isn't this like an 05 Gixxer 1000 we're talking about? That's only 4 years old, so I don't see how it would be a "piece of shit" unless there's more to the story than what's posted.

Yep, it's totally my fault that he screwed up on my service. There has got to be some fault with my bike that would cause him to not tighten the lock nut on the fork correctly... sure. Maybe it's me, maybe I did something to make him do this work incorrectly, maybe it's my attitude. Yea that's it...

Dude, I work in the service industry and I can't tell you how many times I've heard a mechanic or technician blame the machine for his inability to repair it properly. Shit for 10+ years it was my job to follow service technicians around and correct their fuck ups... If I had a dollar for every time the equipment was a "piece of shit"....
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
I would also like to point out Wheelers is one of the best shops I have ever been to. I think the guy at Wheelers could fix more with a screw driver and hammer than most places could with a full set of tools. For the record he has and uses a full set of tools, but you would not think so looking at the shop. The shop looks like Cooters garage.
Yep, Ken definitely knows his shit and is very reasonable in his pricing too.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #20
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep, it's totally my fault that he screwed up on my service. There has got to be some fault with my bike that would cause him to not tighten the lock nut on the fork correctly... sure. Maybe it's me, maybe I did something to make him do this work incorrectly, maybe it's my attitude. Yea that's it...

Dude, I work in the service industry and I can't tell you how many times I've heard a mechanic or technician blame the machine for his inability to repair it properly. Shit for 10+ years it was my job to follow service technicians around and correct their fuck ups... If I had a dollar for every time the equipment was a "piece of shit"....
Dude, nobody said anything about being your fault.

What was said was there was probably a back story.

Turns out there is.

Why would you keep going to a shop that continually fucks your shit up?
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote