Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I think I have 2 copies of Xenogears... one is mine, one is a copy I borrowed from someone and, between moves and deployments, forgot to give back (have since lost touch with said friend).
you are also very attractive, in the service and ride a ducati. in other words you yourself are so blazingly unique i wouldnt be surprised if you had 30 copies
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I liked 10 the most, but 7 is damn good. If you think a game selling for $60-80 is insane, check this out. I sold my Final Fantasy XI account and gil for 4 grand. These are all digital items, mind you. If you can't believe that, people actually payed more for a few others. Square knows how to reel people in.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
That does seem like a sure fire way for them to start printing money. I wonder if Sony or Square is the one stopping that from happening. Most of the PS1 releases, if not all of them, look like stuff that Sony has the rights to. I'm still kind of surprised they haven't done a full PS3 update of the game. They teased people with the FFVII technical demo, and you could practically hear the collective nerdgasm from around the world. I think if they ever actually redid FFVII with the latest and greatest that the PS3 could do, Sony would see a big bump in console sales and Square/SquareEnix would be building a new corporate complex out of stacks of hundred dollar bills.
if you look at the full list (i have false jap and euro accounts) theres some damned interesting stuff out there. problem is (as usual) we get boned on releases.

squeenix has put out classics (including 'gears) but no word on ffvii or us versions. gotta wonder what they are thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics

im def excited about driver and the rest of the wipeout series, i always loved psygnosis
TWF Post whore #6
Old 02-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Syphon Filter is on that list!!

Most Bad ass game for the PS1 EVER....lol
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
you are also very attractive, in the service and ride a ducati. in other words you yourself are so blazingly unique i wouldnt be surprised if you had 30 copies
Well, only 2 of Xenogears, but I have just about every FF in the series.. I have all the Xenosaga games (III being my fave).. and many others. I'm an RPG nut, what can I say.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I liked 10 the most, but 7 is damn good.
I'm with you. I enjoyed the shit out of 7, but I've got over 150 hours lost in 10. I've been grinding away trying to get everyone's sphere grid filled, and with the exception of Kimari and Lulu, I've accomplished that. I've been trying to do all the side quest stuff, legendary weapons, crests, siggils, monster captures, and all the other shit. I'm kinda glad I bought the Xbox360 when I did and lost interest in 10.

Quote:
if you look at the full list (i have false jap and euro accounts) theres some damned interesting stuff out there. problem is (as usual) we get boned on releases.

squeenix has put out classics (including 'gears) but no word on ffvii or us versions. gotta wonder what they are thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics

im def excited about driver and the rest of the wipeout series, i always loved psygnosis
I've got my fingers crossed that SquareEnix has something up their sleeve with their catalog. I hope they've got more planned then to just release their back catalog one piece at a time on the Nintendo DS. Sure, the refreshed FFIV on the DS is excellent, and expands on the greatness of its release on the SNES way back when. And I've already pissed away more hours on the rerelease of Chrono Trigger than I care to mention. But a proper graphics overhaul on the PS3 or XBox360 needs to be done.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I'm an RPG nut, what can I say.
that part makes sense actually

Quote:
I'm with you. I enjoyed the shit out of 7, but I've got over 150 hours lost in 10. I've been grinding away trying to get everyone's sphere grid filled, and with the exception of Kimari and Lulu, I've accomplished that. I've been trying to do all the side quest stuff, legendary weapons, crests, siggils, monster captures, and all the other shit. I'm kinda glad I bought the Xbox360 when I did and lost interest in 10.

I've got my fingers crossed that SquareEnix has something up their sleeve with their catalog. I hope they've got more planned then to just release their back catalog one piece at a time on the Nintendo DS. Sure, the refreshed FFIV on the DS is excellent, and expands on the greatness of its release on the SNES way back when. And I've already pissed away more hours on the rerelease of Chrono Trigger than I care to mention. But a proper graphics overhaul on the PS3 or XBox360 needs to be done.
i hope you are right, id kill for the entire front mission series on PSone classics. not getting my hopes up though, not after a-holes made project slypheed an xbox exclusive

my previous comment about psygnosis made me think a bit, thats probably why i went sony. considering that when psy folded in 99' sony picked them up as studio liverpool
TWF Post whore #6
Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #18
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesp1 View Post
and i'd be one of the nerds to snag a ps3 and the new ff7 in the same day
abso-frakkin-lutely
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
That does seem like a sure fire way for them to start printing money. I wonder if Sony or Square is the one stopping that from happening. Most of the PS1 releases, if not all of them, look like stuff that Sony has the rights to. I'm still kind of surprised they haven't done a full PS3 update of the game. They teased people with the FFVII technical demo, and you could practically hear the collective nerdgasm from around the world. I think if they ever actually redid FFVII with the latest and greatest that the PS3 could do, Sony would see a big bump in console sales and Square/SquareEnix would be building a new corporate complex out of stacks of hundred dollar bills.
My son told me they're supposed to be releasing a more updated version of the game but didn't say on what PS platform....I'm afraid to ask.

If they ever do release it on PS3, I'll probably go broke to buy the console and the game, although it may be worth it to have permanent blackmail material for my son. He will be my slave until he moves out! Bwahahahahaaa!!!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #20
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
not after a-holes made project slypheed an xbox exclusive
project sylpheed was fuckin garbage