Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #21
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fuck those TV news cameramen.

Seriously though, none of what you guys are saying phases any telemarketer that's been doing it for more than a week. Everyone thinks they're so clever with how they handle a call... in reality, we've already talked to 200 people in the last week that did/said the same exact thing. It's like in Super Troopers when Farva puts the soap in Rabbit's coffee, "heh heh, I got you good you fucker!"

The truth is... if you REALLY want to fuck with a telemarketer... act interested. There is nothing worse when you're on the phones than some jackass who listens to the whole presentation, asks a ton of questions, but then at the end says, "You know, you're a real good sales person, but I'm just not interested... please take my name off your call list." I've literally seen reps head's explode...

Telemarketing is a time/efficiency based job. The longer a rep is on a call and not getting a sale, the less opportunity they have to make money. Waste their time = Take their money. Hell, we design scripting to get objections and early hang ups as soon as possible so we can weed out non-buyers as efficiently as possible.
ok, so why do those motherfuckers continue to try and get me to buy their shit? if its a guy, i immediatly tell them "no matter what u say, im not interested" then they go into it anyway, and thats when i start 2fuck around, and theyll stay on the phone for 5mins, and in the end they get nothing, which is what i told him to begin with.

if its a chick i pretend to be interested and hit on her lol-get a fun convo sometimes, but usually they arent in the same state even. cept once. talked my way into a date without buyin stuff, sounded hot, and of course she was not. still makes for a gd story lol
Old 09-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

We had a guy show up to our office wanting to fight. Telemarketers who didn't give a shit 1 - Redneck wannabe 0.

Attitude with me meant you would get a call back for sure. And when we hit "Call back later" that tells the computer "This guy is interested" and you'll get even more calls from other companies.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
ok, so why do those motherfuckers continue to try and get me to buy their shit? if its a guy, i immediatly tell them "no matter what u say, im not interested" then they go into it anyway, and thats when i start 2fuck around, and theyll stay on the phone for 5mins, and in the end they get nothing, which is what i told him to begin with.

if its a chick i pretend to be interested and hit on her lol-get a fun convo sometimes, but usually they arent in the same state even. cept once. talked my way into a date without buyin stuff, sounded hot, and of course she was not. still makes for a gd story lol
We train our agents that people who really don't want it, will hang up. And honestly, that's the truth most of the time. I equate it to when you go into a store... you walk in, knowing exactly what you want and a lot of times don't know where it is... A sales associate walks up and says, "can I help you with something?" 99.9% of people say, "nope" as a conditioned response even though they really do need the assistance.

Same thing as you saying 'no' before you even hear what the person has to say... it's a conditioned response. Heh, we have one program that we don't even sell ANYTHING... it's simply a welcome call to explain the benefits of their new credit card and answer any questions they may have... We only complete 85% of the calls... About 1% say they are not interested in hearing the benefits or already know the benefits... the other 14% are immediate hang ups. Again, conditioned to say 'no' to ANYTHING over the phone, even though it's not a yes/no situation.

Now the bottom line... If I'm on the phone, I WANT you to say no. Why? Cause I'm a sales guy. My rebuttals are WAY better than the presentation. Always.

So to answer your question... Why do we continue to effort on a call? Because 'no' does not necessarily mean 'no to the offer', but rather 'no to the call'. Same reason any real sales person doesn't turn tail and run at the first sign of objection... cause I wouldn't be selling if everyone always said yes!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #24
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Not scared, just don't feel like hassling with it. I will sometimes fuck with telemarketers. I always ask them what they're wearing. One chick said, "not a problem sir, I'll put you on our no-call list."
I was at my friend's gunshop when he got a call from a telemarketer ( from the caller ID ).

He said " I'm in the middle of jerking off and ready to cum, could you call me back later"

As he hung up the phone he said, "They don't call back ever"
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #25
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:

So to answer your question... Why do we continue to effort on a call? Because 'no' does not necessarily mean 'no to the offer', but rather 'no to the call'. Same reason any real sales person doesn't turn tail and run at the first sign of objection... cause I wouldn't be selling if everyone always said yes!
u make sense, and i do understand what you're talking about. sometimes they do hang up immediatly, which makes sense to me, but they ones that dont kinda baffle me, bcuz while its true any real salesperson doesnt even balk at the 1st no, (or the tenth lol), it would seem that a seasoned salesperson could also detect who is convincable and who really is not going to budge no matter what.

i always say no, like i previously mentioned, but ever since i saw the movie "boiler room", if i have time ill judge their rebuttal, and their 2nd and third rebuttal, depending on how bored i am. im never gonna buy anything, ever-thats held true ever since ive had a phone. but the back and forth debate is fun.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
We train our agents that people who really don't want it, will hang up. And honestly, that's the truth most of the time. I equate it to when you go into a store... you walk in, knowing exactly what you want and a lot of times don't know where it is... A sales associate walks up and says, "can I help you with something?" 99.9% of people say, "nope" as a conditioned response even though they really do need the assistance.

Same thing as you saying 'no' before you even hear what the person has to say... it's a conditioned response. Heh, we have one program that we don't even sell ANYTHING... it's simply a welcome call to explain the benefits of their new credit card and answer any questions they may have... We only complete 85% of the calls... About 1% say they are not interested in hearing the benefits or already know the benefits... the other 14% are immediate hang ups. Again, conditioned to say 'no' to ANYTHING over the phone, even though it's not a yes/no situation.

Now the bottom line... If I'm on the phone, I WANT you to say no. Why? Cause I'm a sales guy. My rebuttals are WAY better than the presentation. Always.

I have found that if I just hang up they continue calling back til they talk to me. What has worked successfully for me is when I go on a complete tirade about nonsense and just completely fly off the handle cussing at them, they don't call back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #27
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have found that if I just hang up they continue calling back til they talk to me. What has worked successfully for me is when I go on a complete tirade about nonsense and just completely fly off the handle cussing at them, they don't call back.
If you hang up before we identify ourselves... it's a call back.

If you flip out on a tirade about nonsense... it's a refusal. We'll call back the next time the client has your name in a list... Some clients rotate as quickly as 90 days... most others 6 months or so.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote