LG Ally 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I might just say fuck off to Verizon entirely the more I think about it. T-Mobile gets good coverage in the cities I'm most likely to be in... Vegas, Columbus, and here... Plus they don't mandate a fucking $30/mo charge for smartphone data plans... and with the phones with WiFi, I wouldn't need that shit most of the time anyway.

Right now I pay $150/mo for two Blackberry's which includes unlimited data and 250 text messages per phone... and only 700 minutes between the two.
I pay 2/3 of your amount for unlimited texts, unlimited data, and around the same minutes with tmobile
Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #22
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Ok, so I just decided to get a smartphone for my birthday next week. I ran to Verizon in the last half hour just for shits n giggles. I grabbed an employee and began talking over smart phones.

Palms - Palm OS very streamlined, good multiple email intigration, yet again, keyboard for 13 year old girls.

Microsoft OS - Business upfront, play in the back

Android OS - Play upfront, business in the back

After sitting and playing with all of those phones that you mentioned, there really is no choice. It is the Eris. Especially with the Eris' upgrade to Android 2.1. Coming in second would be the Palm. I think the Ally drops to third because it is very boring. The qwerty keyboard is fantastic, but other than that, it is very uninspiring. Beasically, the salesman said that the Ally is targeted as an entry level smartphone. And I'm not going to deny that when Android 2.1 is trying to run through a 600 Mhz processor. And the design is very "early 2000's"... doesnt give me a phone bone like the other Androids do. In last place would be the Samsung. I love the design of the phone, and the swipe texting, but the salesman shot me down real fast. He said he would never ever recommend that phone to ANYBODY. He says contrary to almost all Samsung phones, this thing is a giagantic pile of shit. Tons of problems. Too bad, because I really like the thing.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 06-15-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

BTW don't ignore the Behold II I hear that it's a nice phone.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote