Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #161
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You're right. And I think we forget that police dont make the laws. They enforce them. Don't like the laws? Vote for someone who will change them.
or at least someone that claims that they will change them...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #162
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Speeding tix help increase local revenue, wont find a lawmaker who will want to change that. Plus some of these other laws are harder to enforce. its easy to sit on the side of the road with radar on and catch speeders as opposed to being out driving and finding the people making bonehead moves.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #163
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Why don't ya'll just slow down...trade in your sportbikes and buy some cruisers ? Ok...maybe not.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #164
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea I'm sorry, I know that it happens from time to time and in certain areas. He said that 90% of the time there are two more cops within 10 miles... I'm not saying that it NEVER is the case, I just doubt that it the case 90% of the time...

Let's see, I think there's about 50,000 miles of freeway in the US, so there would have to be about 50,000 state troopers to cover it 24/7... Hmm I guess that it's possible...
i'm not arguing it I was trying to make it a bit lighter actually. just saying they train there so they're always out there. LOL

I used to run (only in cars) until I met a great State boy in NC. As the saying goes "man that fool could drive". He was very cool, didn't take me to jail that night and I decided to find a new way to have fun.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #165
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Why don't ya'll just slow down...trade in your sportbikes and buy some cruisers ? Ok...maybe not.
he he he I did. LOL I haven't had a ticket since I turned 40.

I did get stopped last year though on the CBR. cop looked a the gray beard and probably thought I was senile and forgot where the speedo was. He let me go with a warning.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #166
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
he he he I did. LOL I haven't had a ticket since I turned 40.

I did get stopped last year though on the CBR. cop looked a the gray beard and probably thought I was senile and forgot where the speedo was. He let me go with a warning.
I was over 40 when I got my last two potentially "big tickets"...both times in the Vette though.

105 in a 55. I slowed down and pulled over and then had to declare my concealed weapon. I had taken my radar detector out of the car because it was going to the shop the very next day to get the supercharger installed and dyno tuned.

He was actually cool and although he did give me a ticket...he lowered it to 70 in a 55 and I was able to get a pjc...it never hit my insurance.

The other time I was cruising down the road and some young guy in an SS Camaro with NOS came up beside me and kept trying to get me to race and I wouldn't...well he made some comment about Vette drivers scared to drive their car so I got weak and we hammered it and happened to pass a cop that was writing someone else a ticket on a side road ...well he gave chase and I pulled over but the Camaro ran and they never found him.

I'm actually glad because he said if they had found him we would both get tickets for racing.

He wrote me for careless and wreckless so I had to hire a lawyer. He got it put off for a year and then reduced to "Exceeding Safe Speed"...which was only 1 point and my insurance never went up for that either.

Oh yeah...I was ahead of the Camaro.

Just to be clear...it was a 4 lane road both times with NO other cars/bikes around...well except for the officer and the car he initially pulled over on a side road.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote