Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #21
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

You had no way of knowing. Crack open a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label and let someone else do the worrying for a while.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #22
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Have you fucked her sister yet?
Nope.

My sister fucking days are over.

(I taught my wife how to load a gun too.)

JC
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #23
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
On the other hand, you may just have helped her come to terms with her husband's death. You took away the unknowns she had about guns, and probably some of the fears she had based on her unfamiliarity with them.

I dated a girl years ago whose father was killed by a gun (neither self inflicted nor accidental). She had a deep-seated fear of all guns and anything related to them until the day she went to the shooting range and shot one herself. She's still not a huge fan of guns, but, according to her, it was one of the best coping mechanisms she had tried over the course of 10 years.

If I were in your shoes, I would have preferred to know before the crying on the shoulder part, too. But I wouldn't assume anything you did was for the worst. Probably quite the opposite.
You're probably right, and nothing will come of it, I just have one of those nagging feelings in the back of my head.

I'm trying to track her down, (she lives in another state) and like I said before, I hardly know the woman.

Which brings me to my next dilemma: what to say to her..."Hi, nice seeing you last weekend. You're not planning to blow your head off are you?"

Hmm. Needs a little polishing up I think...

JC
Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #24
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Odd situation for sure. I'm just a little confused why she'd bring a new gun she knew nothing about to a camp out.... Especially if her husband may have died via gun fire (accidental or otherwise). It's just weird.

I'm sure she wont do anything negative with her new knowledge. You're a good man for listening to her... Sometimes that's all anyone wants.

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #25
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post

Which brings me to my next dilemma: what to say to her..."Hi, nice seeing you last weekend. You're not planning to blow your head off are you?"

Hmm. Needs a little polishing up I think...

JC

Just be honest. After she shared such an emotional time with you, you're concerned about her and want to know she's OK....and ask if there is anything you (and your wife......remember to include that, because in her state it's easy to confuse feelings) can do for her.

It beats the hell out of NOT knowing

Trust me man....my best friend died with me Sept 5th and I don't go more than 3 days without checkin on his widow. I couldn't live with myself knowing I left her hangin.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #26
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

No pun intended.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote