Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #131
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Liars, or people who never make such short trips in the first place.

IMO it's not impressive for someone to say they wear full gear all the time, when "all the time" means only weekend rides.
Exactly! I'm on a local board and we have our share of "gear Nazis"/full leathers guys. Try getting them to go on a ride when it's over 85 degrees... no fucking way! Guess what? It's 80+ plus here for 3 months in the Summer. I can't tell you how many AGATT guys I've met with under 10,000 miles on 5 and 6 year old bikes. AGATTOIDRAA...All Gear All The Time Or I Don't Ride At All!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #132
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I wouldn't get on a scooter or a cruiser without wearing the same as i do now. An accident is an accident no matter what type of two wheeler you are on. So whoever was giving Shane crap and gave Eric and Amorok a pass obviously wasn't too bright. As for a bicycle, never gave much thought to that, why use man power when i can use a motor

You can still get hurt going 25 mph. People blow stop signs and lights all the time, the dreaded left turn into your path, non to mention getting hit at the parking lot, etc. Heck you can get rear ended just by sitting at the stop light!

I mean she is wearing something...She's not on there with a tank and flip flops. I wear mesh in the summer, i know its a one time crash jacket, and not as durable as leather or even a tighter textile weave, but i'll get another one if and when that happens.

Yea, I honestly believe that she is wearing appropriate gear for the type of riding she is doing. It's just that simple.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #133
snigg
That Dude

Moto: 02 954

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea son, you don't ride a Ninja 250.... trust me 25mph is well within the realm of possibility! 0-60 on the bike is ....eventually... If you are going only two blocks, I'm not sure you can make it go over 50 mph in that distance. Oh and you don't deal with the traffic here. Sure we catch 50-60 at times on the way to school but believe it or not, it's not often unless you're getting crazy. The speed limit is 25 or 35 the entire 4 or 5 miles and takes a good 10-15 minutes every morning no matter what we drive/ride. Hell, I've taken her in her Porsche and it takes 10-15 min. I think I made it in under 10 one time when we were running late put I was asking for it!

pics of her in the porsche, in a bikini. thanks.
snigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #134
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Yea, I honestly believe that she is wearing appropriate gear for the type of riding she is doing. It's just that simple.
Plus, its her skin.

It all rots the same in a box. The maggots will eat it, road rashed or not.

Her decisions, and she'll live or die by them. I cant tell you how many times ive ridden in boots, gloves, sunglasses, and a half helmet, t-shirt, and jeans with a bandana over my mouth. While traffic around here is very low, im still taking a chance.

Though I cant say i'd aggressively ride a sportbike, in anything but jacket, gloves, full face and boots. All that is more than enough. I've never worn MC pants on the street ever. Im not about to tell anyone else they should.

And, the front of a truck doesnt hurt any less with a jacket.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #135
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Yea son, you don't ride a Ninja 250.... trust me 25mph is well within the realm of possibility! 0-60 on the bike is ....eventually... If you are going only two blocks, I'm not sure you can make it go over 50 mph in that distance. Oh and you don't deal with the traffic here. Sure we catch 50-60 at times on the way to school but believe it or not, it's not often unless you're getting crazy. The speed limit is 25 or 35 the entire 4 or 5 miles and takes a good 10-15 minutes every morning no matter what we drive/ride. Hell, I've taken her in her Porsche and it takes 10-15 min. I think I made it in under 10 one time when we were running late put I was asking for it!
by her age im guessing boxster? she better have a stick or you'll need to trade her ass in!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #136
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Yea son, you don't ride a Ninja 250.... trust me 25mph is well within the realm of possibility! 0-60 on the bike is ....eventually... If you are going only two blocks, I'm not sure you can make it go over 50 mph in that distance.
0-60 in ~5.5sec, 1/4mi in ~14.5 @ 88mph is pretty slow for a bike, and they have nothing under 10-grand or so - but I think you're exaggerating just a wee bit, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oYECAwiMY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dhIaMY2Pw

If you really can't hit 50 in a couple of blocks, you need to learn to rev & shift it, Nancy.

(Granted, riding 'normally' around town in the (lack of) midrange & having to rev the snot out of it to get any motivation at all would get kinda old. )

Last edited by Kerry_129; 07-05-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #137
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Especially after having GSXR power!!! IA.m curious how they did a 0-100 test considering the bike won't do 100 mph...at least not with my fat ass on it!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:56 AM   #138
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
by her age im guessing boxster? she better have a stick or you'll need to trade her ass in!
Yep! I'll get pics later.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #139
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by snigg View Post
pics of her in the porsche, in a bikini. thanks.
plus freakin' one to that!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #140
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Especially after having GSXR power!!! IA.m curious how they did a 0-100 test considering the bike won't do 100 mph...at least not with my fat ass on it!
exactly! you know the K56s are FREAKS. ive never seen a bike fuck off into the sunset faster than Gixxer1k's

Quote:
Yep! I'll get pics later.
werd.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote