Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default man the f up

I felt like saying tha tto several patients tonight. I had several that came in and made a federal case about some real trivial bulshit. then on the flipside had to drain an abcess from a not so nice place and this person handled the procedure like a champ. Now if anyone had an excuse to cry scream and curse she did and all we got were a few owwws and 2 oh shits.

Well 2 more hrs till my shifts done and I am off from the insanity till sunday.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

And it gets better, get a family member of a patient trying to act intelligent seeing if I ever heard of their family members disease.

Yes moron I have heard of it and better yet I can pronounce it properly too, they werent too happy when I had to correct them and put her in her place for that

Tom
Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I felt like telling a couple people at work to suck it up at PT today.. hell, I've got a pending LOD from the 3 week training I did, and I'm not crying about a workout.

My back is killing me though.. beginning to think I pinched a nerve in it.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
And it gets better, get a family member of a patient trying to act intelligent seeing if I ever heard of their family members disease.

Yes moron I have heard of it and better yet I can pronounce it properly too, they werent too happy when I had to correct them and put her in her place for that

Tom
Years of medical training is no replacement for the interwebz.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

One of my good friends and neighbor is an ER doctor. He can really tell some funny stories about the shit he sees sometimes.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
One of my good friends and neighbor is an ER doctor. He can really tell some funny stories about the shit he sees sometimes.
We do have some good ones, esp anyone near a major urban ER see all sorts of stuff.

Tom
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
We do have some good ones, esp anyone near a major urban ER see all sorts of stuff.

Tom
I think it would be a very fun job but his hours are fucked. He works lots of night shifts and holidays. Even when he is home he is busy transcribing. I think his wife helps him out with that though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I think it would be a very fun job but his hours are fucked. He works lots of night shifts and holidays. Even when he is home he is busy transcribing. I think his wife helps him out with that though.
Our charts are all computerized now so its a lot easier. ER can be tough in that yo uwill work soem nights and holidays. I actualy only work overnights by choice. I get what I want out of it and it keeps the others happy because they dont have to do as many nights. there are fewer administrative types around and the nurses and techs on overnights are much better than the day side.

Tom