Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #41
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Sorry, totally lost concentration there for a second.

So there you were, bent over the bar-b-que, then what happened?

JC
Screaming! Lots of screaming!

*rawr*
Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #42
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post

*rawr*

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #43
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:

*rawr*
< Paris > That's hot. < / Paris >

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #44
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:

*rawr*

JC
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #45
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Wow, this thread went awry. The worst pain I've felt so far was having my knee hyperextended, or mayube the time I had my shoulder put back after dislocating it with no doctor present. It hurts more that way. I've never told the doctor I was above a 7 or 8, and I'm pretty bad off by then, to the point that all I can do is breath and pray for death.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #46
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
to me, the 10 on the pain scale is having limbs remove with butterknives and having salt with rubbign alcohol poured into the wounds. now I hear a lot of people whine that breaking nails or scratches hurt, fuckin pussies.
That sounds about right...

I've nicked the tendon in my thumb with an ice skate, cut my elbow open falling off my mountain bike, torn a ligament in my foot and walked on it for days... Tore up my knuckles on a heavy bag too many times to count, have tears in the webbing of the two smaller toes on my right foot, been kicked in the groin and ribs too many times to count, etc, etc, etc.

Only once have I needed strong pain meds- and even then I didn't want them. When I had surgery that cut my abdominals (not telling that story) I was shaking from the pain. I could hold myself up and walk very slowly, but to move from a seated position to standing or lying down was excruciating and had to be accomplished in small steps with rest between. Still not quite a 10. The shuttle ride and car ride away from Johns Hopkins shot some white light everywhere, and that was really rough. Still only took the Super Tylenol (whatever it's called- morphine or codeine laced stuff) For a day or two after being released. I repeatedly refused anything but basic anti-inflammatory.

To me, if something little doesn't hurt, I'm probably dead. "Pain is your friend. It lets you know your not dead yet!"
Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #47
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

A few years back I started having random and severe head pains. The first time it happened I thought I was getting a bad headache and took tylenol. A couple of hours later it was getting worse so I took more. Couple more hours, still worse, took a vicodin. Couple more hours the pain was so extreme I thought one of my eyeballs was going to pop out of my head, couldn't move or talk or anything, so I went to the ER. The gave me demarol and visaril (sp?) in an IV and about an hour after that the pain started to subside. If that's not a 10 I hope I never feel a 10.

They ended up thinking I might have an aneurysm that the CT and MRI just can't detect. I got that kind of pain probably 4 more times and each time had to go to the ER 'cause they pain meds they gave me would't work. A few times it happened and it wasn't as bad so I just took the pain meds. Eventually it stopped happening. Thank God.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #48
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

like i've said before, i have cluster(suicide) headaches, and i cant even describe that pain, but i'll give it at least a 9(i've read and my doctor even told me, that they may be the most painful thing known to medical science), if i ever feel what i believe is a 10, i'll kill myself..

i've been shot, stabbed, cut, burned, ran over by a car, many broken bones, fractured skull, both sides of my jaw broken and wired shut, peppered sprayed(not just a little squirt, more like whole bottle by bouncers trying to prove something), etc, etc, etc, etc

all of those sucked, but wouldnt give them more than a 5 compared to those mother effing headaches, but the pepper spray was pretty intense(i think because of all the open cuts brought on by the billy clubs)

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Last edited by Yamerhaw; 06-03-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #49
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I had a little "procedure" done at the hospital today and while I was there I thought about this thread. (hey it took my mind off things).

I think my rating on the pain scale all has to do with how much I dislike what's happening. Some things I hate a bunch so I piss and moan about them and want to say they're higher than they are. Others that are more tolerable, end up lower on the pain scale.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #50
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
A few years back I started having random and severe head pains. The first time it happened I thought I was getting a bad headache and took tylenol. A couple of hours later it was getting worse so I took more. Couple more hours, still worse, took a vicodin. Couple more hours the pain was so extreme I thought one of my eyeballs was going to pop out of my head, couldn't move or talk or anything, so I went to the ER. The gave me demarol and visaril (sp?) in an IV and about an hour after that the pain started to subside. If that's not a 10 I hope I never feel a 10.

They ended up thinking I might have an aneurysm that the CT and MRI just can't detect. I got that kind of pain probably 4 more times and each time had to go to the ER 'cause they pain meds they gave me would't work. A few times it happened and it wasn't as bad so I just took the pain meds. Eventually it stopped happening. Thank God.
Sounds like the migraine headaches I used to have as a kid. They didn't rate as a 10 on the pain scale though because the couple of times the pain levels got to what you're describing, I passed out.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote