Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Or he could be the next Hitler.

I'm not saying growing up in a childhood like that means that it's a 100% chance you'll end up a gang banger. But the odds are he will. He'll go to crap schools where he'll get picked on for doing his work and trying to suceed. And unless he can throw some mad free throws or run with a ball really really fast. College is not likely.

If we wanted to reverse it then we could assume that a rich white kid growing up in a $5million home with a dad who runs a large corporation will end up in Harvard or some other ivy league school and odds are he won't end up hustling dope.

I wish the best for the kid but my guess is it won't be his only tattoo.
The way I look at it the ivy league kid has just as high a chance if not higher chance of dealing dope. Money doesn't make you smart.

We lived in a area that wasn't so great when I was young. My mother moved us to a better area. It could happen to him.

How many Mexicans can you name with a great jump shot?

He could have a good role model in the area that he can look up to that can keep him on the right track. Maybe even an older brother or sister that can look out for him and teach him what is right.

Maybe he will hang out at the local boxing gym to learn to protect himself, learn to fight and become a boxing title holder.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
The way I look at it the ivy league kid has just as high a chance if not higher chance of dealing dope. Money doesn't make you smart.

We lived in a area that wasn't so great when I was young. My mother moved us to a better area. It could happen to him.

How many Mexicans can you name with a great jump shot?

He could have a good role model in the area that he can look up to that can keep him on the right track. Maybe even an older brother or sister that can look out for him and teach him what is right.

Maybe he will hang out at the local boxing gym to learn to protect himself, learn to fight and become a boxing title holder.

James
I know. Maybe we can play the maybe game all day long. But what are the odds of him becoming a title boxer? I couldn't imagine what small fraction of a percent of people make it to pro-athletics (that includes ALL pro-athletics) and then what smaller percent actually make great money at it.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I know. Maybe we can play the maybe game all day long. But what are the odds of him becoming a title boxer? I couldn't imagine what small fraction of a percent of people make it to pro-athletics (that includes ALL pro-athletics) and then what smaller percent actually make great money at it.
Mexicans do well in the lower weight classes. Your missing my point. There are many things he can get involved in that can keep him out of gangs. He could end up in the boxing gym, do really well in amateur fights, move to the pro level and not do well at all. From there he could decide that he loves the sport that kept him out of trouble and becomes a trainer in that gym or opens his own gym.

Why be negative and just assume that he won't make anything of himself?

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

Why be negative and just assume that he won't make anything of himself?

James
I'm a realist but I also believe anything is possible. So I think he could become a prize fighter (using fighting to get him away from fighting), or a star baseball player, or what would be nicer is a great doctor, scientist, mathematician, writer, and other scholary things that no one pushes on their kids like they push little league baseball or tats.

Odds are he'll get his first stabbing (wether he recieves or gives is TBD) around 14 and then his 1st Glock at 16 or so. Jail a few times between 14 and 16.

But who knows. Maybe the kid will get taken away from his dad and put into a decent foster home and he will become a productive member of society. Either way his father probably did him a favor. He gets mad rep in whatever gang he would join for having a tat at a young age or he'll get good loving parents that will push him to do well in school.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I'm a realist but I also believe anything is possible. So I think he could become a prize fighter (using fighting to get him away from fighting), or a star baseball player, or what would be nicer is a great doctor, scientist, mathematician, writer, and other scholary things that no one pushes on their kids like they push little league baseball or tats.

Odds are he'll get his first stabbing (wether he recieves or gives is TBD) around 14 and then his 1st Glock at 16 or so. Jail a few times between 14 and 16.

But who knows. Maybe the kid will get taken away from his dad and put into a decent foster home and he will become a productive member of society. Either way his father probably did him a favor. He gets mad rep in whatever gang he would join for having a tat at a young age or he'll get good loving parents that will push him to do well in school.
I could be wrong (it has to happen sometime) but I think the tat will cause more problems then good. You have to be jumped into a gang right? As a teen he could be doing well for himself in school with dreams of being a doctor, then a gang member sees the tat and takes him out.

I don't think the guys that get jumped will like the fact that he just had the tat put on without earning it.

And the prize fighting is to get away from crime, not fighting.

He doesn't need the foster parents (that could help) but he needs to want to do something with his life. A strong role model in his life can help him get there.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play sports. It can keep kids out of trouble. It can also get them in schools they could never afford to attend any other way.

But you said the right thing. He needs to be taken away from his father. You are not fit to be a parent if you give a child a gang tat.

James