Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
true story. At least the new rsv4 is offering an engine configuration unavailable anywhere else for a similar price.

True and a V-4 does interest my nostalgic side... I loved my V-Max! Still, the price tag throws me off. Sure, it's great to own a bike that hardly anyone else has, heck that's part of the reason I bought my'97 YZF1000 when it came out. No body had one but me at the time. I almost bought a GTS1000 in stead of my '95 FZR1000 for the same reason. You know, I love Raisin Bran. To me this would be like buying Kelloggs just to say I bought brand name even though I know that Great Value costs half as much and has more raisins.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

mann id kill for a thunderace. Always liked those
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #23
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea...that why I'll never get one. I mean first I have to spend almost $20,000 then you tell me IF I spend another $7000+ (kit plus labor), I'll have a bike that is comparable to a stock GSXR1000? Um, no thanks. I wanted an Aprillia so bad I could taste it but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $6000 more for a less capable bike.
thats exactly why i have the zx10
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I rode one at the dealer demo.....loved the riding position, the tank is narrow but still grips your legs because of those bumps on it. Gauges sucked in daylight.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #25
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I love them. One of the few sportbikes i'd own if I got another. Never rode one, but its a big twin and sexy as hell.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #26
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
I wanted an Aprillia so bad I could taste it but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $6000 more for a less capable bike.
When I got mine there wasn't as much HP difference, and it came with enough upgraded parts that IMO the price difference wasn't that much. I also wanted a twin over an I4 for power delivery, and didn't really care that the I4's had a bit more power, I'd been a while since I'd had a bike and felt 110 rwhp was more than enough.

I also think near enough it handles as good or better than anything does, so I keep it because I really don't need anymore power, and that's mostly what a newer bike would get me.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
When I got mine there wasn't as much HP difference, and it came with enough upgraded parts that IMO the price difference wasn't that much. I also wanted a twin over an I4 for power delivery, and didn't really care that the I4's had a bit more power, I'd been a while since I'd had a bike and felt 110 rwhp was more than enough.

I also think near enough it handles as good or better than anything does, so I keep it because I really don't need anymore power, and that's mostly what a newer bike would get me.
Now there's something I can agree with!( except that 20-30 hp is kinda a lot IMHO) When I was looking at them in '01 I think, I priced my GSXR1000 at under $10,000 out the door with a warranty. The Aprillia was looking to be about $16,000 otd. Sure it had Brembo brakes and a better suspension but not worth $6k in my opinion. To each their own is what I say.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #28
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Now there's something I can agree with!( except that 20-30 hp is kinda a lot IMHO) When I was looking at them in '01 I think, I priced my GSXR1000 at under $10,000 out the door with a warranty. The Aprillia was looking to be about $16,000 otd. Sure it had Brembo brakes and a better suspension but not worth $6k in my opinion. To each their own is what I say.
the only beef i have with aprrillia is waiting 2-3 months for certain parts
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwanny View Post
the only beef i have with aprrillia is waiting 2-3 months for certain parts
I haven't had really any problems getting parts to keep it on the road, a couple of the CF pieces and SP velocity stacks took a long time, but everything else either came from my dealer or Georgia. The rest of my CF probably took that long, But I bought that right away, and I can see how that had to come by boat. They had only just started selling the bike.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote