Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
don't know about either recalls... and to be completely honest... I don't pay much attention to recalls period other than to check MY vehicles.

Toyota has had recalls on A LOT of their vehicles... shit look at my 87 toyota pickup... probably had 15 or so recalls... yet they still have the rep for a reason...

don't confuse what I'm saying... Recalls to me... aren't nessessaraly a bad thing... inconvenience yes... but I understand you can't get it right every time...

OUT SIDE of recalls is what I'm talking about... the ford explorer is SHIT. has been for years... did you know Uhaul will not rent a trailer to be towed by a Ford Explorer? that is THE ONLY vehicle that you can put a hitch on that they will not rent to... weird huh... (don't know why though)

it's all preference... and I'll stay Import thankyou.

oh... and sorry... no SRA here... they're all Non prior service with less than a year in... so Airman First Class
Sorry... I couldn't remember what you called your lil pee on ranks. Lowest I've worked with during the flood is a SRA.
As for the explorer... idk, I had one. It was pretty good till I froze up the PCV valve and blew the oil out. And I still believe that the whole tire/explorer issue was 85% driver error 15% tire fault
but im' pretty sure I've seen uhaul trailers behind them too... so maybe its a locality thing?
And the only reason I knew of those recalls is cause of my position at the dealership, we got press releases on 'em to help "up" the saturn line.
Recalls in general don't bother me, hell the 1125 has had it's share, but wheels falling off? that's a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Sorry... I couldn't remember what you called your lil pee on ranks. Lowest I've worked with during the flood is a SRA.
As for the explorer... idk, I had one. It was pretty good till I froze up the PCV valve and blew the oil out. And I still believe that the whole tire/explorer issue was 85% driver error 15% tire fault
but im' pretty sure I've seen uhaul trailers behind them too... so maybe its a locality thing?
And the only reason I knew of those recalls is cause of my position at the dealership, we got press releases on 'em to help "up" the saturn line.
Recalls in general don't bother me, hell the 1125 has had it's share, but wheels falling off? that's a bit much.
naw I've seen uhauls behind them too... but if you check with uhaul... they will not rent a trailer to be towed behind one... that is if the hs senior behind the counter is doing his/her job... it was on my trailer contract both when I rented one in AK for the drive down and when I rented one in TN to bring my bike home I'm sure they're fine for the most part to pull a fuck'n trailer... but just weird they'd say that...

how about gas tanks exploding in collisions? like I said... recalls are one thing... the domestics have issues outside recalls...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote