Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #81
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Hey I'm find with race coming into play when someone is saying a black man helped someone out. Seems like it always comes in to play when a black man does something wrong so its a good change.

James
Yea I thought about that my African Canadian brother! I just foolishly wish that it didn't have to be pointed out either way,that's all. Maybe someday.... WHEN ALL US HALFBREEDS TAKE OVER THAT IS!!!! Hahahahhahahahahahaaa!!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #82
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Hey I'm find with race coming into play when someone is saying a black man helped someone out. Seems like it always comes in to play when a black man does something wrong so its a good change.

James
This is true. Whenever a white guy posts a story about something that happened to them, like their bike got stolen, or they were at Burger King and someone cut in front of them, they always say "some black dude" or "some mexican dude". As if the race of the person makes the story more interesting. You never hear them say "some white guy".
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #83
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
This is true. Whenever a white guy posts a story about something that happened to them, like their bike got stolen, or they were at Burger King and someone cut in front of them, they always say "some black dude" or "some mexican dude". As if the race of the person makes the story more interesting. You never hear them say "some white guy".
It's simply a descriptor. It helps paint a mental picture of the situation.

I didn't have to mention that the dude I whacked with a mop handle was bald, since it was not germane to the story, (actually, it was, but I left that part of the story out since I was already way over the five line rule) but it's more interesting to include at least a basic description of the person you're talking about.

Tigger has his panties in a bunch because cbrchick had the gall to describe the person she was talking about. Fucking hell, onions have thicker skin.

Oh shit, now I've done it. I've insulted onions.

JC
Old 03-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #84
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
It's simply a descriptor. It helps paint a mental picture of the situation.
This is fine as long as it's consistently applied. But it's not. I never hear a white dude starting a story off by saying "Some white dude cut in front of me today". I just think it's funny.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #85
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW I wanted to make something clear. Not all woman like to have a man that is going to kick their ass when ever they feel like it. Some stupid fuckers do some don't.

I know someone that does go back after that shit happens. Her stupid ass can't call my for fuck all any more. Next time she can call 911 rather then my number because I'm not doing shit for her ever again. Never before did I ever turn my back on a family until a couple of months ago. Her stupid ass is the first and only.

Now I know someone else that didn't like it and she packed up her kids and took off. Done. That was it. Shit stopped right there. Not all women like it or will put up with it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #86
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
BTW I wanted to make something clear. Not all woman like to have a man that is going to kick their ass when ever they feel like it. Some stupid fuckers do some don't.

I know someone that does go back after that shit happens. Her stupid ass can't call my for fuck all any more. Next time she can call 911 rather then my number because I'm not doing shit for her ever again. Never before did I ever turn my back on a family until a couple of months ago. Her stupid ass is the first and only.

Now I know someone else that didn't like it and she packed up her kids and took off. Done. That was it. Shit stopped right there. Not all women like it or will put up with it.

James
It's a good policy.
The ones that keep going back are 'broken' and you going back in there isn't going to fix them. They either have to wake up and smell the Absorbine Jr. on their own or suffer through it until they reach a breaking point.

Truth is, abuse is an ugly situation and the reason a lot of us rant against it and show such contempt for the people involved is because it makes us feel helpless.
We see something that needs to be fixed and yet we know we can't fix it.
Sometimes our protective instincts get the better of us and we try to get involved, but all too often that just ends in pain and disappointment.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #87
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
It's a good policy.
The ones that keep going back are 'broken' and you going back in there isn't going to fix them. They either have to wake up and smell the Absorbine Jr. on their own or suffer through it until they reach a breaking point.

Truth is, abuse is an ugly situation and the reason a lot of us rant against it and show such contempt for the people involved is because it makes us feel helpless.
We see something that needs to be fixed and yet we know we can't fix it.
Sometimes our protective instincts get the better of us and we try to get involved, but all too often that just ends in pain and disappointment.

Absolutely true!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote