Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #21
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
i'm out of the loop, i see your back in canada, isnt' there a shortage of teachers? Why would they lay you off and can you come work in the US?
Yep! Contract and Visa ended in the UK in July so I moved home in August since I couldn't legally stay there any more.

We have NO shortage of teachers here. I've applied to hundreds of teaching jobs and haven't heard a thing. It's very hard to get in here.

I'd love to move (to the US) but unfortunately moving is expensive. I'd have to set up my visa, deposits, the actual cost of moving, etc. I just don't have the money to move right now. A bit of a catch 22.

Oh and at least I'm working out lots.

A friend gave me an Elite Combat Fitness routine that I do every other day. I usually run on top of that. It's a bit chilly for a run today though so I'm heading to the gym.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Hey I gots one of those...Turns out it isn't worth, well, not going to say it, besides that was 16 years ago...

Hey, you know I just really took note of this threads title "Day 3 Bored as Sin!" Seems to me that sin isn't boring but being bored for as long as 3 days might lead one to sin. Just an observation...

Yeah I went in a mechanical engineer and then decided it wasn't for me and after switching around for a while I decided I liked business and it was rather easy for me to grasp. Plus it allowed me to work through some of my public speaking fears through the 8 trillion various business presentations I had to do.

I probably won't be in management long, if ever. But I focused in entrepreneurship and enjoyed what I learned from those classes. I wouldn't mind getting involved in manufacturing or something process orientated. But I also am considering going back to school in a year or two for my MBA/law school.

For now though, I am free of everything but 1 small dog and a phone bill. No girl, no kids, no real job, no money, but I can go where I want and do what I want and so far everyone with all of the things I don't have appears to be jealous of my position. Seems like too many people regret running straight out of school and into a career.

Mind you, waiting too long could be a problem but at the same time I would rather go work knowing I have lived a little, than going to work hoping to live before I die.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #23
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

It is all about being who your are and doing what you love. I went in undeclared and then marriage and job forced me to pick a major 3 years in. I went with what I could get out with the quickest. I had MGMT, MKTing, Accting, even Psychology hours in abundance but the shortest way out was management. Been in finance ever since

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #24
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Yep! Contract and Visa ended in the UK in July so I moved home in August since I couldn't legally stay there any more.

We have NO shortage of teachers here. I've applied to hundreds of teaching jobs and haven't heard a thing. It's very hard to get in here.

I'd love to move (to the US) but unfortunately moving is expensive. I'd have to set up my visa, deposits, the actual cost of moving, etc. I just don't have the money to move right now. A bit of a catch 22.

Oh and at least I'm working out lots.

A friend gave me an Elite Combat Fitness routine that I do every other day. I usually run on top of that. It's a bit chilly for a run today though so I'm heading to the gym.
Eh, The US Aint all that and a bag of chips...Our Economy is Just as Fucked