Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #51
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Ok I'm glad we got this all figured out.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #52
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

That does pose an interesting quandary doesnt it...what if ANYONE could be jailed for adultery? I bet it would cut down on divorces!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #53
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

or quadruple them!

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #54
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
or quadruple them!
that was my thought after posting...that people would be drawn to the excitement and do it more! scary...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #55
Hondahugger
Better Off

In reading everyone's posts and thoughts on how a military recruiting officer has to uphold the morality of his office and be held to higher standards, all I keep thinking about is how Clinton didn't even get a slap on the wrist for what he did, IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

How can we expect someone as minor (in the big picture) as a Marine Recruiting Officer to have such high morals to his position and wife when our own (past) POTUS was getting a blow job in the Oval Office while writing his next speach?
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #56
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #57
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
That does pose an interesting quandary doesnt it...what if ANYONE could be jailed for adultery? I bet it would cut down on divorces!
Some states already have a law against it.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Some states already have a law against it.
Haha I was just about to say that. Most of them do actually, but it being enforced is an extreme rarity.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #59
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
In reading everyone's posts and thoughts on how a military recruiting officer has to uphold the morality of his office and be held to higher standards, all I keep thinking about is how Clinton didn't even get a slap on the wrist for what he did, IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

How can we expect someone as minor (in the big picture) as a Marine Recruiting Officer to have such high morals to his position and wife when our own (past) POTUS was getting a blow job in the Oval Office while writing his next speach?

I've seen people get away with murder (not literally.. but you know what I mean). One girl in the 42A class I just took in Cali blew a .16 (twice the legal limit) at the gate, and while some other douchebag got sent home for being drunk and refusing to pay his cabbie.. she got to stay and finish the course. All because her boss in West Virginia called the school and requested that she be able to say. How the hell is it that a dumbass in a cab gets sent home, but a drunk behind a wheel got to stay? Didn't make any fucking sense. Unfortunately, the system is NEVER perfect.. but I for one am happy to see it when people who deserve to get busted do get busted.

It's ridiculous. I think anyone in any position of authority like that should be held accountable for their actions.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #60
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Adultery is a punishable offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

However, if I were a single GI and banged another GI's friend, I cannot be charged with adultery because I am not married and therefore didn't cheap on my spouse.

There's an old saying when I was in: Trust your buddy with your life, but never with your money, your booze or your wife.

Most GIs are not the types of people that you'd bring to the Rotary Club or dinner with respectable people. Most GIs don't give a shit about nothing but getting drunk and laid. Nothing I've seen from this current generation that convinces me that they are somehow different than when I was in twenty years ago, or even before my time.

When you live in a world of adrenaline and testosterone, when the little head starts talkin', your big head stop listenin'. We're not talking about really young GIs fucking people that they shouldn't be fucking. We're talking about NCOs and Officers doing the same shits.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote