Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Hondahugger
Better Off

Default Mother of Jimmy Ryce passed today :(

http://www.nbc6.net/news/18533155/de...=headlineclick

I don't know who remembers the story of Jimmy Ryce but I've been friends with the family since I was in Elementary and still speak with Jimmy's older brother Teddy and sister Martha on facebook.

Jimmy was taken on September 11, 1995 from the school bus stop just a short walk from his house, missing his 10th birthday which would have been September 26th. After a 3 month search, through farm fields in Homestead, the levy near the Everglades and all over the South Dade area, he was found in December, dismembered and placed in several 55 gal drums.

I drive passed the intersection where Jimmy was taken at least once a week and still see the teddy bears that are tied to the stop signs from 14 years ago. And every year on my birthday, I say Happy Birthday to him too.

Jimmy's mother Claudine passed away today. This woman deserves a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for the work that she and her husband Don did in getting laws passed to help protect children. They were both lawyers so I'm sure that helped, but their grief for Jimmy and passion for children's safety pushed them everyday.

I was just talking to Teddy a few weeks ago and he said that Claudine and Don were in the process of moving back to Dade county after being gone for so many years.

Claudine is at peace and finally holding her little boy again.

RIP Claudine Ryce, and THANK YOU for helping to keep my children safe!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

Rip