Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default So I'm Also Replacing My Fairings...

I'm probably going to buy a new set since,
A. They have the new perfect fit set for my bike and BW is gonna hook me up to test it out and...

B. As you all may remember, my dumb ass dropped my bike off the stands a month or so ago and scratched up one side.

I was gonna work out a deal for my boy Dave but he won't be ready for a while so.

Well, I considered changing into the "Lucky Strike" kit or even going back to "stock" but I'm not a huge red fan (no offense) and I don't want to have my tank painted again.

So I'm back to the Jordan theme with a couple tweeks; all of the black parts will be painted white or replaced with CF and the ram air covers will be painted to match like so...

For the record, I don't understand why guys complain so much about BW. When I had a problem with my kit (broken tabs on a part), I emailed him and he called me a couple of days later, refunded a large portion of the price, sent me a new piece and is selling me this kit for $400 shipped, even with the mods I'm having him do. I've gotten 4 emails from him today about my kit and the possibility of a kit for Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 1.jpg (115.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg new 2.jpg (121.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg new 3.jpg (101.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg new 4.jpg (86.5 KB, 38 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

find out how much a ten kate hannspree kit would be for me too. I want the green version, not the yellow.

Who is BW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

schweet

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
find out how much a ten kate hannspree kit would be for me too. I want the green version, not the yellow.

Who is BW?
He's the customer service guy for Auctmarts. If you ever check out Rangerscott's link from 600rr.net against Auctmart. He's the guy answering their posts. I'll check today, I know that they have "perfect fit" skins for your bike.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Who is BW?
This one right? I'm checking that the windshield comes with it also. Oh and would you rather have the "dull black" pieces painted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trip 2.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg trip 1.jpg (55.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
This one right? I'm checking that the windshield comes with it also. Oh and would you rather have the "dull black" pieces painted?
thats it, nah just leave em alone cause I have the same pieces for my regular plastics. You should convince him to give me a set of skins for review and he could be an advertiser here
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
thats it, nah just leave em alone cause I have the same pieces for my regular plastics. You should convince him to give me a set of skins for review and he could be an advertiser here
What a great idea! I really should get YOU a free set.... I did fire off an email to him about giving you a deal since you're the admin of this forum and a member at 600RR.net... Truth is the set is only $359 retail so...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What a great idea! I really should get YOU a free set.... I did fire off an email to him about giving you a deal since you're the admin of this forum and a member at 600RR.net... Truth is the set is only $359 retail so...
359 retail with a 250 shipping charge
Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
359 retail with a 250 shipping charge
$225 to be exact... I'm hoping that he can save us $100-200 if he ships both sets to me and I ship your set to you. Perhaps he can tape the boxes together or something because they are already "over-sized" which is the reason for the high shipping cost.