Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta
Default Damn kids!

Oh noes, I'm starting to sound like my father!

So my wife, son, and I are on our way home from a trip to the store. Our street runs parallel to railroad tracks with some light trees between them. As I'm coming down the road I see a group of kids, maybe 10 or so, standing in the tracks. This is pretty normal, I see kids there all the time. As I'm getting closer I see a few start to reach down and pick something up. Right as I'm about to pass I see them cock their arms back, these little bitches were about to throw rocks at my truck! I anticipated this (we live near a shady area) and told the wife and boy to hold on.

Right as their little arms are cocked all the way back I lock up the rear brakes, then pop it in to reverse and light up the tires. I've never seen the look of pure terror in so many 10 year olds eyes before! It was classic. These kids scattered so fast that by the time the truck was in drive they were all gone.

Is it wrong this makes me laugh?

Kids
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

that's awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Rock salt those little bastards.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post

Kids
How would it be wrong? The little fuckers are lucky you didn't kill them. They were going to throw rocks at a vehicle - regardless of the dollar value of your truck, you had your wife and kid in the truck with you and they could have hurt them.

Someone threw an ice ball at my car back in December and it hit the window where my wife was sitting in the back next to our sleeping baby. It cracked the window. Had the window been rolled down, it would have been far worse.

Throwing shit at cars is NOT cool and the fact that you can laugh about it tells me you are a better person than I. I'm seeing red just thinking about the incident back in December...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

In my old neighborhood I would get so sick of kids acting like they owned the streets. Thank you for scaring the shit out of some. They need a good healthy fear of strangers in cars.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Well done ! If it was one of my boys I would've liked you to drag his ass to me for some special father/son time.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Good work, old man.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Oh noes, I'm starting to sound like my father!

So my wife, son, and I are on our way home from a trip to the store. Our street runs parallel to railroad tracks with some light trees between them. As I'm coming down the road I see a group of kids, maybe 10 or so, standing in the tracks. This is pretty normal, I see kids there all the time. As I'm getting closer I see a few start to reach down and pick something up. Right as I'm about to pass I see them cock their arms back, these little bitches were about to throw rocks at my truck! I anticipated this (we live near a shady area) and told the wife and boy to hold on.

Right as their little arms are cocked all the way back I lock up the rear brakes, then pop it in to reverse and light up the tires. I've never seen the look of pure terror in so many 10 year olds eyes before! It was classic. These kids scattered so fast that by the time the truck was in drive they were all gone.

Kids
Crotchity old bastard you are nonetheless good job you passed your man test this month
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
Well done ! If it was one of my boys I would've liked you to drag his ass to me for some special father/son time.

In this circumstance it probably would have caused more harm then good. All the kids involved were black. Me - 30 y/o white guy with an old Chevy truck. Lots of drugs and violence across they way. I couldn't see anything good coming from it.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

when I was a kid, kids used to throw apples at cars from the county park. First time I tried it, I chucked the apple 1/2 second before realizing it was none other than an unmarked law. Yeah that was a good day. LOL last time I threw an apple though.

Sounds like you did good. Always funny to watch kdis haul ass when they're caught at something.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote