Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Is the warranty on your car about to run out?

Well then you probably have recieved a call from the guys at National Auto Warranty Services (US Fidelis). Anyway here is how you can make a complaint against them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/c..._your_factory/
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Yes FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! I recieved like 50 calls from these ish's. I called them and told them to take me off the list..and the calls came for another rmonth. They seemed to stop about 3 or so weeks ago.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I've been getting them for credit cards telling me I'm paying too much..

So, I ask them my name, or their company name, or what credit card I have.. They always seem to hang up..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I keep waiting for a class action lawsuit so I can get my $4.25 settlement in the case
Old 04-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

local guy who runs a dealership basically warns everyone that buys a new car from him that they will get one of these calls because they get a listing of registered vehicles from the freakin' DMV (not sure how true that is). He said he has to warn people now because they end up buying a new car and then get calls saying their warranty is about t0 expire. He then he ends up getting irate calls from customers because they don't understand that this is a scam ("But you TOLD me this car has a warranty!").

Sure enough, about a week after we got a new car I got a bunch of crap in the mail from them...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I've been getting them for credit cards telling me I'm paying too much..

So, I ask them my name, or their company name, or what credit card I have.. They always seem to hang up..
I gave my stepfather a cell phone years ago. He got his own this year. So I was using the one I gave him for a bit. I was getting messages for missed calls about my warranty running out and it was my last chance to so something about it and so on. I just ignored it.

One day I stop by moms house and my step father is on the phone talking to someone about a warranty. He said I just got it so how is it about to run out? They guy on the phone was going on and on so my step father said he was going to call his dealer to find out why they sold him something that now is no good and so on. He asked for the guys name and number and said he would call the guy back. The guy wouldn't give him his name or number and wouldn't let him go. He wanted the sale and wasn't getting off the phone.

I wasn't sure who he was talking to but I could tell he was being a prick so I told my step father to hang up on him a few times. I also asked what the hell the guy wanted. He gave me the phone and a copy of his warranty.

I got on the phone and said "What the hell are you trying to sell?" He asked who I was and I said I was his step son and I wanted to know why he was being an asshole. I told him my step father was being nice and said he would call him back if he gave a name and number and that he kept going on.

This guy started talking shit about how the warranty wasn't good and he needed better and so on. He asked me the length of warranty and the coverage and when I told him he said it wasn't enough.

Then I was wondering why he didn't know the warranty that was bought. I first thought there was an problem when it was entered in the system but he was asking stupid questions. So I asked him what company he was with. He told me the name which I forget now. I said that isn't even who we have the warranty with so why the hell was he calling us. He said he he worked with the Ford dealers so thats why he was calling. I said ok so what dealer was this bought from, he named a local Ford dealer right off. I said no it wasn't bought there. So he named another and I told him he was wrong again. He said well we deal with all the Ford dealers. I told him that we didn't even buy the truck from a Ford dealer and that he must just be cold calling. That pissed him off and he said he wasn't cold calling and so on.

I told him he was playing games and was being and asshole so he wasn't making a sale and not to call back. I told him off a bit more then hung up on him. I told my step father that if they call again that he should just hang up on them.

I don't think the cock suckers called back.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

im a little curious how i ended up on there since i own nothing with a warranty.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
local guy who runs a dealership basically warns everyone that buys a new car from him that they will get one of these calls because they get a listing of registered vehicles from the freakin' DMV (not sure how true that is). He said he has to warn people now because they end up buying a new car and then get calls saying their warranty is about t0 expire. He then he ends up getting irate calls from customers because they don't understand that this is a scam ("But you TOLD me this car has a warranty!").

Sure enough, about a week after we got a new car I got a bunch of crap in the mail from them...
Its smart of him to warn people because it looks bad on him. My step father was going to tear a strip off his dealer after getting off the phone with this prick. He would have if I didn't get on the phone and find out it was bullshit. I didn't have any of my customers call me but my cars would have been out of the factory warranty. They must be looking for a certain range. That must be why he thought we bought it from the Ford dealer. He must have had thought we had it since new.

Not all warranties are bad and some people do want them so I don't understand why thy don't stop the scam and just try to offer a warranty. There are many people that would buy it just to be safe. Some won't even bother to figure out if its a good deal or not and will just buy.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

If crooks put their hard work into something legit they would probably own the world.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote