Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n
Default So what did Hacking say?

A Canadian motorsports journo who occasionally uses my shots is implying that Hacking's comments (the ones that got him suspended) were about DiSalvo. Has anyone got the inside track on this?

*EDIT* Nevermind, I picked up some of it. Too bad the best of it wasn't apparently on tape.

http://www.totalracingsolutions.com/3403/

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 03-23-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

from a friend......

Hacking and DiSalvo exchange a few words.

LINK

Moderator: "Alright guys..."
Hacking: "Do you have a microphone? They can hear you."
Moderator: "Let's finish up here and be respectful...let's finish up these interviews."
DiSalvo: "Let's show a little respect here."
Hacking: "I lost all respect for you a long time ago."
DiSalvo: "I never had any for you."
Moderator: "We're not going to get into it here. Let Jason finish his interview and then we'll have questions. Thank you."
DiSalvo: "You got me all fired up here."

After the interviews end, Hacking walks away using profanity. He and Eslick walk out and DiSalvo stays behind answering another question. Later on you hear the AMA officials consider discipline (not on tape).

and then....

Jamie Hacking has been suspended for the above incident...HOWEVER, I DON'T BELIEVE IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE INTERVIEW!

It’s my belief Hacking has been suspended and fined BECAUSE he has been outspoken about the DAYTONA class! Yesterday at the podium ceremony, when Jamie Hacking was asked about his thoughts on his 2nd place finish and the race he said: "I won the 600s race." You heard many fans yell out in agreement and some fans continued to yell out throughout the interview their disapproval of the bike disparity. I then caught a few AMA officials talking about the situation that Hacking was creating with his dissenting and controversial comments. The sense I got was they were going to address the issue somehow.

The press conference where Hacking and DiSalvo exchanged words came 15-20 minutes later, and the profanity AMA is reporting was NOT during the interview itself, but as Hacking walked out of the room. I believe the AMA used this as a pretext to censor Hacking for his comments regarding the controversy surrounding the Daytona class.

You heard it here first!

Go Spies!
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Someone pissed about his 600cc being beaten handily by an 1125 cc? Why in the world? Someone pissed because the sanctioning body scared away his manufacturers superbike effort, forcing your contract to finish out on a 600cc? What is he angry about?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Someone pissed about his 600cc being beaten handily by an 1125 cc? Why in the world? Someone pissed because the sanctioning body scared away his manufacturers superbike effort, forcing your contract to finish out on a 600cc? What is he angry about?
I'm so confused....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Jamie has had serious issues with DMG the whole time. No one knows what he whispered to Eslick during Disalvos interveiw, but Disalvo was talking with Eslick during Hackings interveiw.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35928
What we do know is Disalvo tried to make something out of it and Hacking let his steam vent. BTW he was not the only one suspended this weekend...

Additionally, AMA Pro Road Racing also placed riders Michael Beck, Kevin Boisvert, Mat Mladin, Mark Simon and Dustin O'Hara on probation due to failure to participate in Sunday's mandatory autograph session.

Arkriders.com
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

It was mentioned on several boards that once DMG bought the series, they would quickly rewrite the rules so the buells would start winning...so they can attract the boat anchor crowd...Bruce Rossmeyer's bike won...Owns Daytona Harley Davidson and Destination Daytona Complex in Ormond beach... Why would anyone be surprised at this??? Welcome to Two Wheel Nascar!

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

wow... disalvo seems like a bitch...

his question... did he talk durring Hackings interview... YES it's on fucking tape...

like Hacking said... he has a fuck'n mic... only person that could be heard was Jason...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Ya'll don't remember when Schwantz and Rainey wouldn't even glance at each other on the podium. Gardner would kick at anyone spraying champagne (whether he was on teh podium or not). Doohan looking like someone shot his dog when he finished second...

Oh for the good old days...

Arkriders.com
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

DMG reminds me a lot of verticlescope/motorcycle.com with their business models...let's wait a year and see where AMA racing stands in the marketplace

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Well, it is shitty so far, but no worse than it has been for the last 5 years or so... The Suzuki show got a wee bit boring.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote