Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Working saturday

Sorry guys no good stories or rants today. I am just bored as hell at the jobsite wishing time would go faster. I am in the er tonight and tomorrow so we will see what happens there.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

It's slow here so far too. It'll pick up around lunchtime though.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Should be quiet here all day, small crew working and they usualy work thru lunch so they can leave early, I am usualy on the road from here by 3;30.

tom
Old 03-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I got to sleep at a decent time last night....slept 2 hours....and was up until almost 6am. I just woke up a few minutes ago. I'm trying to wake up so I can go ride!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I got to sleep at a decent time last night....slept 2 hours....and was up until almost 6am. I just woke up a few minutes ago. I'm trying to wake up so I can go ride!
My friend is twisting my arm to go out tomorrow and am giving it some thought.

God th eother PA at the other site going good before. Seems whenever theres free food I manage to be there. Believe it or not some is by coincidence but some I plan it that way. So today there was supposed to be some sort of meeting, the meeting was canceled, but they didnt cancel the lunch order so of course we all chowed down.

Seems my eating prowess is becomming known at both sites, if I pack my own food I eat healthy/light but whenever theres a spread or they get us food I go nuts. So now I am stuffed and am figuring about another hr and a half till quittin time.

Tom
Old 03-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
My friend is twisting my arm to go out tomorrow and am giving it some thought.

God th eother PA at the other site going good before. Seems whenever theres free food I manage to be there. Believe it or not some is by coincidence but some I plan it that way. So today there was supposed to be some sort of meeting, the meeting was canceled, but they didnt cancel the lunch order so of course we all chowed down.

Seems my eating prowess is becomming known at both sites, if I pack my own food I eat healthy/light but whenever theres a spread or they get us food I go nuts. So now I am stuffed and am figuring about another hr and a half till quittin time.

Tom
I'm the same way. I have a tendency of pigging out when there's free food.

I gotta loosen my chain before I can go anywhere. Brandon tightened it too much. He and I always have a disagreement on how slack is supposed to be in my chain. He says a half inch. I say an inch. Most people I know that ride an SV have an inch of slack. The manual says. 0.8 to 1.2 inches so I guess we're both right? I'm still going to loosen it before I get too far.

I'm trying to get another rider to go ride with me.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm the same way. I have a tendency of pigging out when there's free food.

I gotta loosen my chain before I can go anywhere. Brandon tightened it too much. He and I always have a disagreement on how slack is supposed to be in my chain. He says a half inch. I say an inch. Most people I know that ride an SV have an inch of slack. The manual says. 0.8 to 1.2 inches so I guess we're both right? I'm still going to loosen it before I get too far.

I'm trying to get another rider to go ride with me.
Another thing to note is if you do it on the bike or off since the extra weight (not that you actualy have anything resembling weight )
will change up the slack since sitting on the bike will stratch the swingarm and tighten up the chain.

Something a mechanic showed me a while back too was that chains have tight and loose spots, so yo umay want to scheck the slack in a few different spots along the chain. I realy shoudl check it on the priller too, changing the slack on this bike is a royal pita too with the single sided swingarm.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Another thing to note is if you do it on the bike or off since the extra weight (not that you actualy have anything resembling weight )
will change up the slack since sitting on the bike will stratch the swingarm and tighten up the chain.

Something a mechanic showed me a while back too was that chains have tight and loose spots, so yo umay want to scheck the slack in a few different spots along the chain. I realy shoudl check it on the priller too, changing the slack on this bike is a royal pita too with the single sided swingarm.
I checked it off the bike (how can I check it while sitting ON the bike??? )

After I got over the clutch issue, I checked the chain and bolts and stuff. I'm not saying Brandon isn't a good mechanic, but I've already had one scare with the brake bolts not being tight enough, causing me to lose one and another being half way backed out.

I'm making plans right now via text with another rider who's much more mechanically ept than I am...well enough he works on his own bikes without mishap. I got lucky and caught him while he's out riding in my area today...he's from another town and doesn't ride this way much. As soon as we decide where to meet, I'm outta here.

A single sided swingarm is harder to adjust? Shows what I know. I would have thought it to be easier. Less screws to mess with.

Edit: cool...he just texted me. He's at a car shop where one of his riding friends work. Cool deal.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 03-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I checked it off the bike (how can I check it while sitting ON the bike??? )

After I got over the clutch issue, I checked the chain and bolts and stuff. I'm not saying Brandon isn't a good mechanic, but I've already had one scare with the brake bolts not being tight enough, causing me to lose one and another being half way backed out.

I'm making plans right now via text with another rider who's much more mechanically ept than I am...well enough he works on his own bikes without mishap. I got lucky and caught him while he's out riding in my area today...he's from another town and doesn't ride this way much. As soon as we decide where to meet, I'm outta here.

A single sided swingarm is harder to adjust? Shows what I know. I would have thought it to be easier. Less screws to mess with.

Edit: cool...he just texted me. He's at a car shop where one of his riding friends work. Cool deal.
I will show you the set up at the rally and what needs to be done to adjust the chain, its all stuff crammed behind the sprocket. granted at the same time removing the wheel can be done in under 2 minutes with the proper tools.

Tom
Old 03-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

See? I know nothing about bikes. Although I'm learning!

Ok, I'm outta here, I think. I'd like to get the tires broke in some today too.

Quote:
Myspace