smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default Watch it Ebbs!

Eject Eject Eject!!!!!

North Korea Threatens to Turn South Korea Into 'Debris'
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's military warned Tuesday it would attack South Korea and turn it into "debris," in Pyongyang's latest response to what it says are confrontational activities by Seoul against the communist country.

The threat comes a day after military officers from the two Koreas held brief talks at the heavily fortified border, their second official contact since the North broke off inter-Korean relations in February.

The North threatened to cut off all ties if the "confrontational racket" continues, citing a South Korean general's recent threats to launch a pre-emptive strike against its nuclear sites and the refusal of civic activists in the South to heed Pyongyang's demands to cease distribution of propaganda leaflets critical of its leadership.

"The puppet authorities had better remember that the advanced pre-emptive strike of our own style will reduce everything opposed to the nation and reunification to debris, not just setting them on fire," the North's military said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Relations between the two Koreas have been tense since South Korean President Lee Myung-bak's administration took office earlier this year pledging to get tough with Pyongyang.

Earlier this month, Gen. Kim Tae-young, chairman of South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a parliamentary committee that his military was prepared to attack suspected nuclear sites in North Korea if the communist country attempts to use its atomic weapons on the South.

North Korea has demanded that South Korea stop activists from sending balloons carrying leaflets critical of the communist regime across the border, saying the flyers violate a 2004 inter-Korean accord banning propaganda warfare.

The South Korean government has stopped official propaganda but says it cannot prohibit activists from sending the leaflets, citing freedom of speech.

Defying Pyongyang's demands, South Korean activists on Monday sent helium balloons carrying 100,000 leaflets to the North. Some noted Kim's reported health troubles and called for the North Korean people to rise up against the authoritarian leader.

The North said it also was offended by recent comments by South Korean Defense Minister Lee Sang-hee about leader Kim Jong Il's health.

South Korean Defense Minister Lee Sang-hee told a news conference in Washington earlier this month that both the U.S. and South Korea believed Kim Jong Il remained in control, adding: "If we show him too much attention, then we might spoil him."

U.S. and South Korean officials say Kim suffered a stroke and underwent brain surgery in recent months, but the North has denied there is anything wrong with the 66-year-old leader.

The two countries remain technically at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, not a peace treaty. The peninsula is divided by one of the world's most heavily fortified borders.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Great, just what we need, another war.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

2 SEAL teams and 48 hours and we can take care of those guys... Or just one large nuclear bomb....
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
2 SEAL teams and 48 hours and we can take care of those guys... Or just one large nuclear bomb....
How about 48 nuclear bombs, 2 Seals and one hour?
I'd watch that on pay-per-view all day.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Shit if they attacked... I'd be dead before you guys heard about it.

they have the largest number of Special Ops soldiers in the world... over 100k... stationed just over the border... and Osan is a prime target. as it's the closest air strip to the border.

but I work in a bunker basicly... so if I'm at work I could survive for a week or so...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

You know, it seems like there was ALWAYS talk of the north attacking... I wouldn't put much stock in it.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
You know, it seems like there was ALWAYS talk of the north attacking... I wouldn't put much stock in it.
yeah I'm not worried... and shit... even if I was worried... what good would it do?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I'm not worried... and shit... even if I was worried... what good would it do?

Yea when they sent us during the Olympics embargo because everyone was afraid that NK was going to attack SK. Whatever,Those guys are crazy but not that crazy! There are Generals in the US praying every night before they go to bed that NK will do something to provoke a war...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea when they sent us during the Olympics embargo because everyone was afraid that NK was going to attack SK. Whatever,Those guys are crazy but not that crazy! There are Generals in the US praying every night before they go to bed that NK will do something to provoke a war...
yeah all the fighter pilots here are too...

course I would be too if I could fight back... god damn Geneva Convention!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah all the fighter pilots here are too...

course I would be too if I could fight back... god damn Geneva Convention!

Fighter pilots would be real bored if it happened...NK doesn't have a air force that has the capability for a sustained fight. Our BVR weaponry would turn it into a turkey shoot and 2 days later they would just be flying ground support...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote