Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default Gun owners, how often do you carry?

I'm curious as to how often those who carry have a gun on their body. I recently got a new carry gun and was reading on a concealed carry forum about "ALWAYS have your gun with you," even if it's just to walk from your bedroom to bathroom. I understand that you never know when anything is going to happen, so the logic of "I'll just carry it where I think I might need it," is flawed, but how realistic is it to carry everywhere? You can even ignore the thought of having it with you in the house everywhere you go, but what about when you make a quick trip to the convenience store, or to go get ice cream at DQ? What are gun owner's thoughts on carrying concealed (or open in states that allow it) everywhere you go? And for those who carry everywhere, what do you do when you go to a "gun-free zone"?

And Trip can move this to War Room if needed, but it's not about politics or religion, so I thought it would get more responses in OT.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I find myself carrying less and less. I should carry it more, but now I really only carry it when I am traveling.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I really only carry it when I am traveling.

I don't have my CCL, so I only carry one in the car, specifically when travelling.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Well since handguns reflect bullets, having one on you at all times automatically makes you safer.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Well since handguns reflect bullets, having one on you at all times automatically makes you safer.
They at least allow you to fight back in the event it's needed. How many people in Colorado thought they were going to get shot in a movie theater? How many people in the internet cafe in Florida thought the place was going to get robbed at gunpoint while they were there? Did the two people who were shot by a pissed off neighbor in their RV park expect to get shot that day because their dogs had shit in the wrong guys lawn?

Which is my whole thought process on this question. I don't want to be paranoid and feel like I NEED a gun on me at all times, but I also don't want to be caught without it in the event I MIGHT need it someday. Frankly, I hope I go my entire life and never need the gun, but there is no way to be certain.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I don't want to be paranoid....
It's too late for that, apparently.

Do you create this much stress for yourself each time you ride? You know this COULD be the ride that kills you. Or leaving your house if storms are in the forecast...you MIGHT get struck by lightning....do you think those people at Pocono expected to get struck by lightning?

You could wrap yourself around the "maybe, could of, it just might" axle over a lot of shit.

Buy WHY?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
They at least allow you to fight back in the event it's needed. How many people in Colorado thought they were going to get shot in a movie theater? How many people in the internet cafe in Florida thought the place was going to get robbed at gunpoint while they were there? Did the two people who were shot by a pissed off neighbor in their RV park expect to get shot that day because their dogs had shit in the wrong guys lawn?

Which is my whole thought process on this question. I don't want to be paranoid and feel like I NEED a gun on me at all times, but I also don't want to be caught without it in the event I MIGHT need it someday. Frankly, I hope I go my entire life and never need the gun, but there is no way to be certain.

Growing up, there was a movie theater that had the occasional shooting.
Never made national news because at the time black people were allowed to shoot each other up in privacy without "news cameras" showing up.
Well...that and Sharpton didn't like the long drive out to the Island with all the traffic on the expressway.

As a cop friend once told me "Most of the time having a gun on you just means we have an extra thing to bag at the crime scene"

Fortunately, being part black means that at birth I am issued handgun and a gang affiliation at birth. CCL is something "white people" do, kinda like voting and leaving the OEM rims on a car. Only issue is that being a mullato has rendered my shooting hand kinda of useless with the constant masturbating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 08-06-2012 at 03:28 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
It's too late for that, apparently.

Do you create this much stress for yourself each time you ride? You know this COULD be the ride that kills you.
Are you saying don't wear a helmet? I haven't seen a good internet helmet fight in years. We should totally do an internet helmet fight. While were at it, screw condoms too.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
Are you saying don't wear a helmet? I haven't seen a good internet helmet fight in years. We should totally do an internet helmet fight. While were at it, screw condoms too.
we can easily bounce the helmet fight to an oil fight too, oil fight > helmet fight

Suck it you ams oil bastards!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote