Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)
Default need Limewire help...

anyone use limewire here? i am trying to drag my mp3s onto my mp3 player, but i keep getting the error message: The directory or file cannot be created.

i just recently began having this problem within the last 2 weeks. any idea how to make it work again?

help....

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

i dont use limewire to do anything w/ my ipod. i use media monkey, makes everything SO much easier.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

i use it all the time, are you perhaps listening to the files you are trying to move over?

Sometimes if I am downloading and then listening to my files, it doesnt recognize they have moved over and gives me a similar kind of error. If I close my windows and reopen the external hd drive I keep them on it corrects itself...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
i use it all the time, are you perhaps listening to the files you are trying to move over?

Sometimes if I am downloading and then listening to my files, it doesnt recognize they have moved over and gives me a similar kind of error. If I close my windows and reopen the external hd drive I keep them on it corrects itself...
i have tried it with limewire open and completely shut down, but to no avail. this just started happening to me. i have never had trouble moving files before. and it's not every song. just some of them, the ones i really want. i am so frustrated!!

thanks for trying to help me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i dont use limewire to do anything w/ my ipod. i use media monkey, makes everything SO much easier.
you don't download music from media monkey, do you? if so, how?

kim

Old 06-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
i have tried it with limewire open and completely shut down, but to no avail. this just started happening to me. i have never had trouble moving files before. and it's not every song. just some of them, the ones i really want. i am so frustrated!!

thanks for trying to help me though.

you don't download music from media monkey, do you? if so, how?
nah, i use it solely to add and remove music to my Ipod. its great when you're stealing music, because a lot of the times you'll get 5 different folders your music goes into in your Ipod, and with MM you can just chg the file names all at once.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Could be a problem with where it's storing the music. As stated you can't be using the files in any way while moving them. Try shutting down limwire checking task manager to insure it's really shut off and then trying to move them. Could also be a problem with your mp3 player? player could be full or in need of new firmware. I've had to do that twice on my zen touch.
For some reason every now and then I have trouble moving files onto the player, restarting the comp or closing down all programs I'm not using (even antivirus, temporarily of course), especially playing media and doing it then. I've also had a couple usb ports crap out on me and I have to clean them pretty often to keep them working well.

also- limewire is pretty risky, lots of riaa and mpaa watchdogs on there I hear. I use soulseek for hard to find albums and bittorrent for everything else. Bittorrents the way to go imo, very hard to get busted and good sites like isohunt let you get all kinds of music and movies pretty fast depending on seeders.
Highly recommend peer guardian also, blocks the ip's of the recording industry watchdogs as well as government addresses. I've been raping the big record and movie industries for years without a single visit from the fbi.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
nah, i use it solely to add and remove music to my Ipod. its great when you're stealing music, because a lot of the times you'll get 5 different folders your music goes into in your Ipod, and with MM you can just chg the file names all at once.
well, i have a sandisk mp3 player. it's just drag and drop the music onto it. i don't need any special program like iTunes to get it loaded.

i have my songs downloaded and sitting on my desktop. they just won't copy over to my mini SD card. i keep getting that error message. grrrrr......

kim

Old 06-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

media monkey can sync any portable audio device. you just right click and hit "send to" from your library. then you can go into your player and edit/delete tracks at will.

I never even bothered installing iTunes.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
well, i have a sandisk mp3 player. it's just drag and drop the music onto it. i don't need any special program like iTunes to get it loaded.

i have my songs downloaded and sitting on my desktop. they just won't copy over to my mini SD card. i keep getting that error message. grrrrr......
And youre sure the sandisk isn't full or possibly locked? I don't know if it's like their minidrives but they have a little slider which locks them, blocking you from adding or removing files. Make sure it's fully charged also.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
And youre sure the sandisk isn't full or possibly locked? I don't know if it's like their minidrives but they have a little slider which locks them, blocking you from adding or removing files. Make sure it's fully charged also.
thanks for being so helpful, piz!! i actually am trying to load my mini SD card. i removed it from the player and put it in the adapter in my printer. i made sure the adapter wasn't locked. i recently upgraded to a 2 MB card from a 512, so i copied my music library onto this card. all but a dozen songs or so loaded. now i am getting this message. i checked the capacity and i have at least 1 MB of space left on this card, if not a bit more.

my computer no longer recognizes my mp3 player when i plug it in, so i can't access my root folder. i have been saving solely to the SD card now. i also had my USB ports go down. how do you clean them? and i have looked online for the hardware for my mp3 player, but couldn't find it. how do i clean that out as well.

i am illiterate when it comes to this stuff, so i am scared to death to try anything for fear of screwing everything up. at least it works half-assed for now. i just don't get why my copies won't transfer. there was no trouble downloading them. you'd think they'd move right over, but they're not.

kim

Last edited by itgirl; 06-29-2008 at 08:00 PM..