Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default lost atm/bank card

Is a major PITA. had to cancel it yesterday and now wait for a new one to arrive, which will take longer due to the damn holiday. On the upside it wasnt like I lost my entire wallet. I dread those DMV trips.

BTW I didnt know citibank now outsorces their call support to india. All the other times I called customer service it was someone with a southern accent till I ran into apu yesterday. Understood every 5th word he said and wa sobvious he didnt have a solid command of the english language.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I went through the same thing not long ago. Though I only had to drop in at the bank to do it. But my new card is Visa/Debit, and you dont need a pin to buy online, so I was stressed out trying to get to the bank asap, as I lost it on a friday night.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I went through the same thing not long ago. Though I only had to drop in at the bank to do it. But my new card is Visa/Debit, and you dont need a pin to buy online, so I was stressed out trying to get to the bank asap, as I lost it on a friday night.
This week was/is a crazy work week for me so I couldnt get to the bank on friday. They even shut down my online acct so I cant access that, so if I need cash I have to hit the bank. I have been using my CC for purchases like gas and food. Now they will prolly cancel it due to all the recent activity, I rareley if ever use the card.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Overseas call centers are interesting... sometimes you cannot tell at all that the person is foreign... other times you need Rosetta Stone to get halfway to a solution.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Overseas call centers are interesting... sometimes you cannot tell at all that the person is foreign... other times you need Rosetta Stone to get halfway to a solution.
His accent wasnt too bad but you could tell with his grammar and a few times I would make a bit of a joke and he never got it.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

When my husband gets someone like that he can be a bit of an ass and usually asks if they speak English or if there is someone there that speaks english he can talk to. If a telemarketer calls he answers the phone in French. Lol
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
When my husband gets someone like that he can be a bit of an ass and usually asks if they speak English or if there is someone there that speaks english he can talk to. If a telemarketer calls he answers the phone in French. Lol
I can see his concern in some cases but for a lost card its prety straightforward so I figured the guy can handle this. if it started to get more involved I may have bumped it up the food chain.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
Haha I've spoken French to telemarketers

It was "I hated it in high school and was forced to take another year in college" French but they didn't know that

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Total pain.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Total pain.
Troof and it is further delayed with the damn holiday. I am hoping I get the card by friday but am not too optimisitic